Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What are you purchasing this year?

• Total voters

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
Thread inspired by EU iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max Pre-release, Orders and Dispatch Thread.
Many thanks to @lleial.

Welcome to the Continental Europe iPhone 15 Launch Thread

On September 12th 2023 Apple hold their annual conference where they revealed the new iPhone 15 amongst other products.

Many of us will be ordering our new iPhone from Continental Europe, where we can find many stores given the variety of countries and languages.

Mainly prices will be in EUR (€), since the vast majority of countries use this currency (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain)

Since logistics in Europe can differ from country to country, this is a great place to share our orders, shipments and trackings.

Index

1. Key Dates & Schedules
2. European Apple Websites
3. iPhone 15 Models & Prices
4. iPhone Rumor Specs & Recap
5. FAQ

1. Key Dates & Schedules

12/09/23
Apples Live Event "Wanderlust". Below is a table where you can find the schedule for your country depending on your time zone

Also on this day pre-orders should begin (shortly after event)

ZoneTime (Time Zone)Link
Eastern EuropeCentral European Time (CET)
UTC + 0100
Time: 19:00
Youtube
Apple Site
Western EuropeEastern European Time (EET)
UTC + 0200
Time: 20:00
Youtube
Apple Site

22/09/23* iPhones on sale and first shipments should arrive (subject to change)

2. European Apple Websites

3. iPhone 15 Models & Prices

StorageiPhone 15 iPhone 15 PlusiPhone 15 ProiPhone 15 Pro Max
128GB
256GB
512GB
1TB
949 €
1.079 €
1.329 €
N/A
1.099 €
1.229 €
1.479 €
N/A
1.199 €
1,329 €
1,579 €
1,829€
N/A
1.449 €
1.699 €
1.949€

4. iPhone Rumor Specs & Recap

Expected specs based on rumors

iPhone 15iPhone 15 PlusiPhone 15 ProiPhone 15 Pro Max
Screen: 6'1"
Refresh rate: 60Hz
RAM: 6GB
Storage: 128/256/512GB
Camera: 48MP main (Wide, ultrawide)
Screen: 6'7"
Refresh rate: 60 Hz
RAM: 6GB
Storage: 128/256/512GB
Camera: 48MP main (Wide, ultrawide)
Screen: 6'1"
Refresh rate: 1-120Hz
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 128/256/512/1TB
Camera: 48MP main, 12MP ultrawide, 12MP telephoto with 3x optical zoom
Screen: 6'7"
Refresh rate: 1-120Hz
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 256/512/1TB
Camera: 48MP main, 12MP ultrawide, 12MP telephoto with 5x optical zoom

iPhone 15 MacRumors Wrap-up

iPhone 15 Pro MacRumors Wrap-up

5. FAQ

When can I expect to preorder my product?

- Orders are planned to start shortly after the event.

Where should I complete my preorder/purchase?

- It is strongly recommended to place your preorder/purchase through the Apple Store APP directly on your iPhone. As a second option, the website is also available, however it usually takes more time to update (after the event), and usually takes a hit in performance due lots of people trying to access it

Accessories

- It is recommended to purchase your iPhone separate to the accessories since these can cause delays.
- Place a different order for your accessories.
- Remember to consider if you need a charger or not. The iPhone only comes with its charging cable.

Payment recomendations

- If you're planning to pay with Apple Pay, you shouldn't have any issues, however if you're planning on using a different type of debit/credit card, it is recommended to have them nearby for faster completion of payment. If you are considering a monthly payment, have all your documents ready for whichever financial institution is offering the installments.
- Depending on each country, it is recommend to verify before which financial institution is offering credit, their terms and requirements. It's better to have this settled before rather than on the day of preorder/purchase.

Shipping/Delivery

- If you're shipping to your home or any other private address, make sure to be available or have someone to collect the parcel, otherwise you could encounter delays if the courier can't make it to you.
- If you're picking it up at an Apple Store, just follow their instructions (always take ID with you).
- Consider faster shipping if needed and available.

AppleCare +

- AppleCare+ is an insurance that apple offers customers when purchasing their iPhones. In Exchange for a one-time down payment (or a monthly plan), you will be covered for thing such as accidental screen damage or other types of damage. All repairs are subject to fees that can be found on their website.
- In some European countries they also have AppleCare+ Plus where they can cover loss & theft. Once again, this can be payed in a one-time payment, or monthly. Repairs and recovery of products are subject to fees that are also on Apples website.
- The monthly plan is more expensive, however it takes a bit off the initial price. But in the end its up to you.
- Check your countries Apple site for more specific details on AppleCare+.

How can I track my order?

- Usually Apple sends through UPS, here you can choose your country/language to track your parcel.
- Track17 is another great site for tracking, it supports many carriers and languages.
- If you're order is dispatched with a different courier, check their site for tracking with the provided number.

When will I receive my order?

- After placing your preorder/order, Apple should give you an estimate. You can always check your order progress/status with Apple on their APP or self-service website (remember to choose country/language)
- It really comes down to where you live. In urban areas they should deliver on time, which is usually the day it’s out at the store. If you live out on the country side, or in remote areas it's possible to experience delays.

Last edited:
Reactions: lleial and slplss

_karrol

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2017
Wien, Österreich
I am not purchasing anything, but do I see right that the 15 Pro is actually C H E A P E R than last year while the Pro Max costs the same, but got a memory bump? This is too much generosity, Apple, where is the catch? 😂

Reactions: slplss

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
Hello from Germany…
Count me in!
I’ll get a 15pro but haven’t decided on the color yet…
I am happy that apple matches the dollar-Euro conversion rate and lowered prices…

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
Im from Romania and I plan to order it from Amazon.de... does anyone know if they'll offer 1 or 2 years warranty?
I think the EU law force them to give 2 yrs, at least that's how it's in Romania.

tomislavf

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Im from Romania and I plan to order it from Amazon.de... does anyone know if they'll offer 1 or 2 years warranty?
I think the EU law force them to give 2 yrs, at least that's how it's in Romania.

Apple gives you one year of warranty, no questions asked. After that, you have one more year per EU law, but you need to prove that the fault was not the result of normal wear and tear or your own misuse.

Reactions: kvlq

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
it's so quiet here compared to the UK/USA threads. I wonder why.
people from 27 countries will not buy the new iPhone 15? :(

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
The European thread is usually quite a bit slower… I guess that not that many hang out on „macrumors“
Last year the pace picked up closer to launch day… as people started to try to track their phones and estimate the arrival…

Rogi

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
15 Pro Black for me and Natural for my wife + silicone for both. I will order in the first minute. :cool:

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
I dont think they mentioned somewhere...but I would assume its still valid: we do have a SIM slot in EU, right?

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
it's so quiet here compared to the UK/USA threads. I wonder why.
people from 27 countries will not buy the new iPhone 15? :(
Part of the reason is those of us in the EU don't get the same level of tracking info as those in the US. They can follow from China. We're stuck watching shipping from an EU depot.

Reactions: MaximTV and kvlq

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
Here in Italy, I'm happily surprised by the pricing this year. Last year, iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB: €1.879. This year, iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB: €1.739.

Last edited:

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
Also EU here... I regret getting a 14 PM, I must say. Not because its a bad phone at all! But I think the 15 Plus would have been just fine. Also loving the pink color sooo much... Maybe going to sell my 14 PM and get the 15 Plus literally downgrading but maybe ill do it.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
Pro Max in White Titan here!
They ditched leather cases! Luckily I’ll be using it naked with old leather MagSafe wallet what’s left from my stolen 13 Pro 🥲. His memory shall not be forgotten. Hard goodbye to 11 PM, it’s perfect in size, feels great. But family needs it and I want to improve my photo and videography.

Reactions: Tb87Bln and kvlq

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
This is my first time preordering from the EU. Does anybody know the exact time preorders open in Germany? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.