Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What are you purchasing this year?

• Total voters

pawel152

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Still nothing, unfortunately. UPS is still investigating (can take up to 7 work days), talked to Apple again (a rather inexperienced person today sadly) but they send out another inquiry to UPS today. Might call Apple again tomorrow, but I’m 100% certain the package is lost and I will get a replacement. The question remains when that will be.robably won't find the parcel anymore if it was in your city and suddenly disappeared. I hope you get a new one as soon as possible.

Still nothing, unfortunately. UPS is still investigating (can take up to 7 work days), talked to Apple again (a rather inexperienced person today sadly) but they send out another inquiry to UPS today. Might call Apple again tomorrow, but I’m 100% certain the package is lost and I will get a replacement. The question remains when that will be.
Probably won't find the parcel anymore if it was in your city and suddenly disappeared. I hope you get a new one as soon as possible.

Reactions: Ava*

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
This saga has no end... After a few semi successful calls and emails with Apple, where I had to remind them several times to check the correct parcel number (they kept checking the Trade In Kit that arrived last week Monday), UPS finally updated its status to "Investigation opened" yesterday - a full 10 days after the package disappeared. :rolleyes:
Well today the status changed to "Service incident has occurred. / The parcel will be returned to the sender." 🥴I don't even know what to say anymore... Will phone Apple (again) tomorrow if I don't hear anything from them by then.
Until then I can only speculate what happened. They found it but it was damaged? They found it but the iPhone was missing from it? (They would not return an empty box though, would they?) They are returning something, because the tracking says whatever they are sending is now back in Nuremberg, 2 hours away from me.
I'm guessing Apple now has to wait for the package to arrive to see what exactly happened before they can send me a new (or the old one again?!). To be continued.... 😒

pawel152

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
This saga has no end... After a few semi successful calls and emails with Apple, where I had to remind them several times to check the correct parcel number (they kept checking the Trade In Kit that arrived last week Monday), UPS finally updated its status to "Investigation opened" yesterday - a full 10 days after the package disappeared. :rolleyes:
Well today the status changed to "Service incident has occurred. / The parcel will be returned to the sender." 🥴I don't even know what to say anymore... Will phone Apple (again) tomorrow if I don't hear anything from them by then.
Until then I can only speculate what happened. They found it but it was damaged? They found it but the iPhone was missing from it? (They would not return an empty box though, would they?) They are returning something, because the tracking says whatever they are sending is now back in Nuremberg, 2 hours away from me.
I'm guessing Apple now has to wait for the package to arrive to see what exactly happened before they can send me a new (or the old one again?!). To be continued.... 😒
the best solution for you, if you have the funds available, would be to order a new phone, availability is already the next day. When you receive the purchased package, send it back and that's it. Apple could also send you a new phone right away and return the current package to itself.

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Alright, talked to Apple again today and they informed me my order will be canceled because UPS decided to return the package to them. :rolleyes: Nothing they can do about it apparently. I was sad and frustrated for a minute and then went over to my carrier and ordered a new one there. Should arrive Friday. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly this time - they usually deliver with DHL, which I trust more at this point.

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
All‘s well that ends well I guess? Received my new phone as promised from my carrier today, FINALLY. O2 and DHL came through. What a gorgeous piece of technology. And so nice to hold - I almost don’t want to put a case on it (but I did, because I have a small child at home 😬).
Apple tried calling me again yesterday, but I couldn’t answer. The order is still up though. I‘ll wait and see.

I’m cool now that I’m finally able to hold this.

/sent from my new iPhone 😉

pawel152

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
All‘s well that ends well I guess? Received my new phone as promised from my carrier today, FINALLY. O2 and DHL came through. What a gorgeous piece of technology. And so nice to hold - I almost don’t want to put a case on it (but I did, because I have a small child at home 😬).
Apple tried calling me again yesterday, but I couldn’t answer. The order is still up though. I‘ll wait and see.

I’m cool now that I’m finally able to hold this.

/sent from my new iPhone 😉
finally! congratulations

Reactions: Ava*
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.