Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What are you purchasing this year?

• Total voters

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Well, fricking finally! There were days I completely forgot I‘m still expecting a new iPhone haha. I mean, 7 weeks passed really slowly. But now I’m back to being excited again. 🤪
IMG_1486.jpeg

Reactions: pawel152

ndndnn

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2018
I don't understand the management of this release. In our case, they tried to charge me on Monday at morning. I update my payment card at evening (19:00). They prepared to ship at that moment and shipped Tuesday at morning. I just received it an hour ago.

I don't feel any heat problem. In fact, I feel almost cold while I was configuring it and synchronizing all photos, apps, etc. Any problems with scratches. I felt the sensation when you hold on your hand and turn on different directions. Its weird but cool :D

jakeiton

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2023
I gave up. just not worth it. Canceled the order and I will wait until the end of the year and let's see if there is any discount.

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Getting 11 notifications all at once haha. Finally, yes!

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpeg
    IMG_1508.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 39

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
My phone was last scanned 6:30am 30 mins away from me, but it hasn't moved since then and the usual UPS slot (8-11am) has long passed (it's 1:43pm right now). UPS still says ETA today, but it's not out for delivery yet. Whelp. 😕

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Crossing my fingers for you!
My phone never arrived today.:( Last scan 6:30 in the morning 30 mins from home and then nothing. Wish UPS would tell me where it is and if it will arrive on Monday, together with my Trade-In Kit... Worried it has "fallen off a cart" somewhere along the way... 2 months of waiting for THIS. :rolleyes:

pawel152

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
I have delivery on Monday. Unfortunately UPS shipping. I prefer DHL because the parcel is always on time

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Yeah I vastly prefer DHL as well..
My phone seems to be „lost“, since UPS now says „The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.“… 😩 I want to cry.

pawel152

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Yeah I vastly prefer DHL as well..
My phone seems to be „lost“, since UPS now says „The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.“… 😩 I want to cry.
I hope that we will receive the parcels together on Monday

Reactions: Ava*

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Congrats! Don’t like the color?

My Trade-In Kit arrived today… :rolleyes: But my phone is unfortunately still lost… I talked to Apple today, who in turn talked to UPS and UPS now has 48 hours to cough up the package, or not. They may ask for an extension though at the end of the 48 hours. So we‘ll see. In any case, if they can’t find it, Apple will send out a replacement for me with priority. So, fingers crossed they either quickly find it or quickly find out they can’t.

pawel152

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Congrats! Don’t like the color?

My Trade-In Kit arrived today… :rolleyes: But my phone is unfortunately still lost… I talked to Apple today, who in turn talked to UPS and UPS now has 48 hours to cough up the package, or not. They may ask for an extension though at the end of the 48 hours. So we‘ll see. In any case, if they can’t find it, Apple will send out a replacement for me with priority. So, fingers crossed they either quickly find it or quickly find out they can’t.
The color is not super, just gray. I had blue before and it was too black for me. I hope you will get the parcel as soon as possible

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US)
Curious. DO you folks have the CE marking on phone? Saw on reddit that's on the side of the phone in the EU o_O

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Ava did you get a phone?
Still nothing, unfortunately. UPS is still investigating (can take up to 7 work days), talked to Apple again (a rather inexperienced person today sadly) but they send out another inquiry to UPS today. Might call Apple again tomorrow, but I’m 100% certain the package is lost and I will get a replacement. The question remains when that will be.

Ava*

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2017
Germany
Curious. DO you folks have the CE marking on phone? Saw on reddit that's on the side of the phone in the EU o_O
Yes we do. But we do NOT have that additional 5G antenna patch on the side that iPhones in the US do. 😉 The CE marking is almost invisible.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lex404
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.