Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 424 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 506 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 211 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I already found pine quite muted in person so khaki must be VERY muted.
In-store, I found the Khaki to be about the same saturation and brightness as Pine Green, but like it had much more brown mixed in, where Pine Green is like green with gray mixed in. Of the two, I prefer Pine Green.

And Beryl is another of the "we started with white, and added a hint of color" colors. Not really my thing.

The Pomegranate band I saw didn't especially grab me, but the Pomegranate iPhone cases seemed rather more attractive. Hard to say why. Maybe just the odd lighting they have over the bands along the side wall. I'll stop by the other nearby Apple Store during the daytime and see if Pomegranate is more appealing then.

@oarx 's pics on the previous page seem spot on.
[automerge]1573887200[/automerge]
Alas, those are 42/44mm bands, OP is looking for 38/40mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj and Altaira9

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
Do either of you have the original Product Red Loop? Wondering how different the red is/if there is any difference at all. I think it's my favourite band, though I do like this new two-toned version.
BB19DBA2-8E9B-4656-B844-BD06EE860A8F.jpeg

I have the old one too. Here’s a comparison. Keeping in mind I’ve worn the older one A LOT, like going running every day with it, lol. The new one definitely has a brighter feel to it and not woven as much with subtle black fiber like the original version, but really not that far off of it either.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
View attachment 877475
I have the old one too. Here’s a comparison. Keeping in mind I’ve worn the older one A LOT, like going running every day with it, lol. The new one definitely has a brighter feel to it and not woven as much with subtle black fiber like the original version, but really not that far off of it either.
Thanks. Thought the new was was a bit brighter/more orange, but it seems pretty similar (notwithstanding the berry/aubergine side of course!).

Probably not different enough to justify me buying it :p

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
so sad news, my Classic Buckle in pink fuschia broke :( if anyone finds one in 38/40mm please let me know im sad to lose one of my precious

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
In-store, I found the Khaki to be about the same saturation and brightness as Pine Green, but like it had much more brown mixed in, where Pine Green is like green with gray mixed in. Of the two, I prefer Pine Green.

And Beryl is another of the "we started with white, and added a hint of color" colors. Not really my thing.

The Pomegranate band I saw didn't especially grab me, but the Pomegranate iPhone cases seemed rather more attractive. Hard to say why. Maybe just the odd lighting they have over the bands along the side wall. I'll stop by the other nearby Apple Store during the daytime and see if Pomegranate is more appealing then.

If they would just release a forest green sport band I’d be so happy, but we keep getting either muted green or eye-melting green instead.

Reactions: Zealgr and CarlJ

tridot

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2016
Anyone able to help identify this light yellow?
Original Yellow, Meyer Lemon and 44mm White for comparison.

My guess is Flash, but I know Lemonade is close and I haven't ever seen either in person. Thanks!

Reactions: twanj

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
My guess is Flash, but I know Lemonade is close and I haven't ever seen either in person. Thanks!
Lemonade or flash sounds about right, but it can be really hard to do from pics, which can mess with colors, especially depending on lighting. There are some other labeled comparison pics earlier in this thread (I recall one helpful one with four yellows in labeled drawers), and there are likely yellow aficionados lurking about. Also, the latest revision of the giant comparison pic was posted a page or two ago - if you zoom in a lot at the very top, every yellow is there, with labels.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Thanks. Thought the new was was a bit brighter/more orange, but it seems pretty similar (notwithstanding the berry/aubergine side of course!).

Probably not different enough to justify me buying it :p

The side accents are definitely a much different colour from the look of that photo! I just removed it from my basket. Khaki it is, for me. Or possibly one of the olive flak nike bands - they appear to still be selling them direct at nike here in China! I prefer both sport loops and nike bands to regular sport bands.

Reactions: twanj

MilkCake

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2019
Michigan

Oops! I spend too much time on eBay looking for deals on OEM sport bands, the numbers must have started to blur together! Here is the 38/40 on Mercari https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m13484558574/

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
Original Yellow, Meyer Lemon and 44mm White for comparison.

I’m leaning to lemonade from the photo,but who knows under the lighting and I don’t own the flash band, which I found more harsh/fluorescent looking in images. I recently added mellow yellow to my collection which along with lemonade is perhaps my favourite yellow.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Do you guys think Nike Pink Blast (both sport loop and band) will become rare in the aftermarket by spring? im thinking of getting another one of each just to avoid having to hunt for them again the future in case they get damaged

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Do you guys think Nike Pink Blast (both sport loop and band) will become rare in the aftermarket by spring?
I adore the sport band (the black and pink is a lovely contrast, and it shows better than their previous Black/Hyper Grape combination), but I can't say if it'll get rare like, say, the Hyper Grape Sport Loop did. Seems in plentiful supply now. There have been a few that you could tell early on would be rare (e.g. Blue Orbit/Gamma Blue), but for most it's just a guess, until a few weeks before the new crop of bands come out.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
IMO, if you like a band, you buy it. I waffled on the Meyer Lemon Leather Loop for a bit, but eventually decided it was one I wanted in my collection so I snagged it while it is still in production. I got lucky with the Forest Green Leather Loop - found one in the box at Best Buy after it had gone out of production - as I wanted it to match my iPhone 11 Pro Max case.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
IMO, if you like a band, you buy it. I waffled on the Meyer Lemon Leather Loop for a bit, but eventually decided it was one I wanted in my collection so I snagged it while it is still in production. I got lucky with the Forest Green Leather Loop - found one in the box at Best Buy after it had gone out of production - as I wanted it to match my iPhone 11 Pro Max case.

my dilemma is getting another one of ones i already have while i can in case of any contingencies ?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Let me know if you are looking for a Hibiscus Sport Band 44mm ...Band not Loop
[automerge]1574123364[/automerge]
Would people say that Pine Green or the new Khaki is more similar to the Midnight Green iPhone?
Juan and Only on YouTube has a new video of all the new colors.

Reactions: cambookpro

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
OK, since finding you lot it seems my habit has shifted up a gear.

I had Pine Green from the last new colours (like lots of people I want a nice dark green (and a nice dark red too)), and I had Spearmint not long before.

Today I got Khaki (which I like better than Pine, and which I think is slightly better with the green iPhone Pro than Pine) and also Alaskan as I’d been on the fence. Alaskan is very close to what I think is Denim blue In my collection.

I also got my wife Pomegranate (which is exactly the love child of Rose Red and Dragonfruit as others have said) and Beryl, which is like Turquoise in her collection.

Sadly I think I’m now going to be buying all the new colours in either 44mm for me or 40mm for my wife, and I want all the blues and more oranges too. At least neither of us like the sport loops so we don’t need those, and we both have all the stainless ones we want already.

As we’re in New Zealand it’s slightly harder as we have no Apple Stores at all, so everything is done from photos and ordered from Apple on line. Your comparison pics of the new colours are awesome in helping us decide what we want.

JonoNZ

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
OK, since finding you lot it seems my habit has shifted up a gear.

I had Pine Green from the last new colours (like lots of people I want a nice dark green (and a nice dark red too)), and I had Spearmint not long before.

Today I got Khaki (which I like better than Pine, and which I think is slightly better with the green iPhone Pro than Pine) and also Alaskan as I’d been on the fence. Alaskan is very close to what I think is Denim blue In my collection.

I also got my wife Pomegranate (which is exactly the love child of Rose Red and Dragonfruit as others have said) and Beryl, which is like Turquoise in her collection.

Sadly I think I’m now going to be buying all the new colours in either 44mm for me or 40mm for my wife, and I want all the blues and more oranges too. At least neither of us like the sport loops so we don’t need those, and we both have all the stainless ones we want already.

As we’re in New Zealand it’s slightly harder as we have no Apple Stores at all, so everything is done from photos and ordered from Apple on line. Your comparison pics of the new colours are awesome in helping us decide what we want.
Hi, I’m NZ and have a similar obsession. I’ve recently upgraded too a S5 Ceramic which really goes well with all the bright colour bands.

Note with Apple NZ online, you have free returns for 14 days if you don’t like the item, so that might be an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.