Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LionTeeth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2022
Black regular pro size 1tb?? Sold out? Gimme a break. What is going on.

You can’t tell me that every single combination is used Up? No delivery for over a month?

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Anyone know if Apple will restock at some point soon and maybe have units available in-store?

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
They only have so many for pre-orders. Could always try going in-store on launch day and getting one (that's what I did last year when the app crapped out on me and the pre-orders weren't shipping for a month or more after launch).

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Combination of already-announced production issues with the Pro phones plus people want one so when they get in and see the 256GB versions are sold out, they opt for a 512. People looking for a 512 see they are gone so they get a 1TB.

Reactions: Ntombi

MrAperture

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA
From T-Mobile only White Titanium in every storage config has ship dates October 3rd. All other colors/storage configs still show Sept 22 as of this post.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Every year same thing happens. All the pro’s go bye bye within minutes. This year was worst then last year. My app kept on crashing. I managed to secure in store pick up next Friday 5 pm.
I woke up an hour late and ordered 2 pros, a blue and a natural, around 9:10 for 9/22 delivery. Zero issues and took literally just a few seconds to do.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I woke up an hour late and ordered 2 pros, a blue and a natural, around 9:10 for 9/22 delivery. Zero issues and took literally just a few seconds to do.

Then maybe it’s based on regions because my 2 sisters never got the app to work on time. Once they did dates had slipped to October. Miami BTW. These are for pro max BTW not pro’s. I also got one for my dad but he don’t care to wait. Says October 16.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
They only have so many for pre-orders. Could always try going in-store on launch day and getting one (that's what I did last year when the app crapped out on me and the pre-orders weren't shipping for a month or more after launch).

If it’s anything like past years, they will have stock in stores almost everyday. Just check. I think there are websites out there that show real-time inventory updates at Apple stores.

Reactions: Premium1 and shr631

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
From T-Mobile only White Titanium in every storage config has ship dates October 3rd. All other colors/storage configs still show Sept 22 as of this post.
I just checked and AT&T has the Pro Max still available in September also. The natural titanium 512 GB, blue (all configurations),and black 256/512 GB are all available Sept 25-Oct 9. White (all configurations) are shipping October 9-23. The natural titanium 256/1Tb and black 1TB are also shipping in October.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Clearly manufactured scarcity, no doubt.
I just don’t see any Other outcome.
Patience is the virtue, unless your phone literally dies right now and you desperately need the new toy to be arrived asap.

LionTeeth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2022
Clearly manufactured scarcity, no doubt.
I just don’t see any Other outcome.
Patience is the virtue, unless your phone literally dies right now and you desperately need the new toy to be arrived asap.
Not a toy, a comms device that is needed where my current one is failing.
ordered the pro configuration I wanted, let’s see if stock magically increases next week

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Not a toy, a comms device that is needed where my current one is failing.
ordered the pro configuration I wanted, let’s see if stock magically increases next week
For communication purposes, even a burner phone can do. But that’s besides the point.
Stock will ease when heading towards next year As usual. I just Walk in and buy If I plan to get one. No stress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.