Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Scientific testing shows the same battery life. Actually worse on 12.3

Scientific testing shows iOS 10.3.3 shows double battery life compared to 12.3. No kidding. DOUBLE

Apple’s back to its old tricks. Now that they realise they can’t engage in planned obsolescence in performance, they decided to do it with battery life instead. Battery life has been halved on all iPhones since iOS 10.
[doublepost=1557990468][/doublepost]

Apple batteries do suck. It’s the luck of the draw. My 7 Plus battery went from 100% to 91% in 3 years. 2 months of light usage after replacing in December and now it’s down to 98%. Don’t think it’s going to last as long as the original battery.

iPhone X, one year usage battery health % is 97%. Replaced with new battery in November. Battery health down to 97% after just 6 months.

iPhone 6s brand new purchased in March 2019. Mom uses it for music, streaming shows and light gaming. Battery health down to 97% after just 3 months.

Galaxy Note 9. 5 months used. 100% battery health.

In my experience, Android flagships last almost 2 days easily but lesser than brand new iPhones. iPhones start dropping battery health after just a few months and end up below Androids which manage to retain their battery health for longer.
These Youtube tests are anything but scientific. It’s an anecdotal opinion at best. Being on video does not make it a universal truth.

Edit: I didn’t realize my max ran iOS 10.

Reactions: badatusernames

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
@FeliApple can you do this test, as could others with modern phones on iOS 12 or earlier?

1 HR YouTube on Wi-Fi (4g on) - 50% brightness. Speakers off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.