Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I'm amazed, team. Over 20,000 points/week is awesome output. Some of the jump is due to the spike after the servers not accepting WUs, but we've jumped above 12 teams in front of us. :eek:

Thanks to all the new members who've recently joined, and all the "old" members who've been contributing steadily. Great job, everyone! :D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
well I did add the Dual Gig machine here at work last week...it's already on it's 2nd WU! :D

my iMac cranks nicely...but is a little slower... ;)

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
Hm I was folding since a month in my team 11170 ( Luxembourg ) representing my country @ it s best *g*, but i will now show up in macrumors ...
is an avarage of 1500 pts per month good? If so , count me in the top 20 within one year.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
This is my favorite image.. Look at that curve!!!

And Welcome maradong!!! Love to have you helping out... :D And at 1500 a month, you will be in the top 20 in a month! :)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by maradong
Hm I was folding since a month in my team 11170 ( Luxembourg ) representing my country @ it s best *g*, but i will now show up in macrumors ...
is an avarage of 1500 pts per month good? If so , count me in the top 20 within one year.

Yeah that is nice enought, what are the specs?
How many machines do you have there?
1500 points a month is nice.
50 points a day is good :D

Nice job everyone...

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
not long ago i was striving for top 50 now i'm in the dust in the 70s...hehe i guess i shouldn't complain though

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by howard
not long ago i was striving for top 50 now i'm in the dust in the 70s...hehe i guess i shouldn't complain though

Yeah, me too. Damn you people with duals and muti-machines! :jokingly stares: :D

You and me howard 75 and 77th. :(

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
If I get some time, I was going to add up all the users who have single machines to see their total contribution... I bet it would amaze us all....

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Since I felt out of the top ten, I don't think any of those there now are using single machines.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
We have submitted over 3000 points daily for the last 4 days!!!! And today we have added 4 new members!!

chibianh
cyks
andrewlandry
Nuc

Welcome to the team!!

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
I joined a few days ago, I added my ghz PB. Not too shabby, not I have to get cracking on the computer labs at school and my dad's G4 towers. Heh rack em up boys! F@H!

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by MrMacman
I belive that isn't possible, at all.
In the last 24 hours you uploaded a good 200 points. No, sorry, nice try.

I've got a bunch on my side.

25 dells w/ PIII 450's, 8 GW's w/ 1.2g Athlons three servers which don't do much except on weekends and nights (sometimes not even that) and a pair of Athlons at home. Sadly my macs don't do much, my OC'ed 300 G3 worked hard since the begining and only added 10 points just last week. And my 1g PB hasn't been setup yet because he's brand new :).

These machines require logon's and I don't know if F@H still runs after logout, but these machines usually run logged into generic accounts 24/7.

I'm a switcher so don't be mad my access is mainly window's and Linux PCs :).

- bert

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Nicely done, bert! Most of us with access to multiple machines end up using PCs, so there's no shame there.

You wouldn't happen to be at UC Davis, would you?

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Nicely done, bert! Most of us with access to multiple machines end up using PCs, so there's no shame there.

You wouldn't happen to be at UC Davis, would you?

:cool: Yes I am, do you know me?

I'm the student admin for the MAE department

- bert

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by bertinman
:cool: Yes I am, do you know me?

I'm the student admin for the MAE department

- bert

No, but I assumed that since you had access to that many machines you must work at a lab of some sort, and seeing you're in Davis made me think UC.

mc68k and I run a lab at SDSU. 50-50 PC and Mac with various other staff machines and servers thrown in for fun. :D

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
No, but I assumed that since you had access to that many machines you must work at a lab of some sort, and seeing you're in Davis made me think UC.

mc68k and I run a lab at SDSU. 50-50 PC and Mac with various other staff machines and servers thrown in for fun. :D

cool :)

going OT kinda:

I've got a few more systems to setup... I'm trying to figure out how the program works--if it's a service or not. The generic machines aren't a problem but the high end ones need accounts to be logged in. Is there a script to make the program run at bootup, not login?

I'll look some more, but the answer doesn't seem to pop out to me from their webpage.

btw, the mac osx script install worked like a charm :) already finished 2 frames.

- bert

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by bertinman
cool :)

going OT kinda:

I've got a few more systems to setup... I'm trying to figure out how the program works--if it's a service or not. The generic machines aren't a problem but the high end ones need accounts to be logged in. Is there a script to make the program run at bootup, not login?

- bert

If they are NT/2000/XP you can go here.

It works well.

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Originally posted by MrMacman
I belive that isn't possible, at all.
In the last 24 hours you uploaded a good 200 points. No, sorry, nice try.

I have a really fast computer? It's an IBM power pc 5000, 512 bit, 800 Ghz, 64 gigs of ram, I built it from scratch?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by jethroted
I have a really fast computer? It's an IBM power pc 5000, 512 bit, 800 Ghz, 64 gigs of ram, I built it from scratch?

You've been out in the cold too long, eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.