Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raj.u.patel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
London, U.K.

EllieFeral

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2014
UK
Hi Raj. :]

The Mac App Store version of F1 2017 on macOS won't be released today, but the Steam version will. Very soon, in fact!

e1me5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Cyprus
I can see it on my steam store but system requirements for the Mac version are not included.

EllieFeral

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2014
UK
Hi Ellie,

Thanks for the heads up !!

Do you happen to know when the Mac App store version will be released ?

We don't have a release date for the Mac App Store version just yet I'm afraid. I don't think it will be this month, but it will absolutely be as soon as possible. :]

I can see it on my steam store but system requirements for the Mac version are not included.

We were just putting the finishing touches on the system requirements and have pushed them live now. You can take a look in this news post if useful: http://www.feralinteractive.com/xx/news/802/

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Does it work in the same way as all other Steam titles if we buy it from the Feral Store? Steamplay, appear in our Steam games library, etc.?

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
No release date just yet, but it shouldn't be too long. :) Mac App Store games are subject to a different approval process, which often takes longer than Steam.
Ellie, what about my post #10. It would be useful to know for future reference.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Yes, it is a great game and Feral should be congratulated for doing a great job, especially with regards to getting the Windows patches to the Mac version very quickly.
My biggest moan though, is that they have not implemented the TrackIR support that is in the Windows version. This makes a huge difference in cornering as you can see into the corner so much better.
It’s been a few versions since the F1 games have had head tracking support, so it would have been really nice to have it in the Mac version.

Socket

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
Heads up, F1 2017 will land on the Mac App Store this week -- October 5th.
Hi!
Can someone tell me if I could play with this game with a Mac Pro 4,1-->5,1 with a nvidia 960 gtx 4GB Vram?
Specifications seems no, but i hope...

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Hi!
Can someone tell me if I could play with this game with a Mac Pro 4,1-->5,1 with a nvidia 960 gtx 4GB Vram?
Specifications seems no, but i hope...
Boot in to Windows and buy it on Steam. You've got a Mac Pro at your disposal, it's a bit daft to gimp your gaming by restricting yourself to macOS.

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
If a games runs well on macOS, there's no reason to go through the hassle of rebooting into windows.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Unless I'm mistaken, none of the Macs listed as supported has an nVidia card.
I own a couple of Macs, one of them being a late 2013 27" iMac i7 with GeForce 780M (4 GB VRAM).
This Mac is listed as not supported, but inspecting the tech. specs it should.

I bought the game and tried it out on the above mentioned Mac.

I ran the Monaco in heavy rain benchmark loop as I suspect that will be the toughest one...

I first tried the grfx settings to high / ultra:
avg 15 fps

Then grfx settings on medium:
avg 22 fps >> very playable.

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
I've read that the nVidia web drivers on High Sierra have fixed some issues, but that may be restricted to Pascal drivers, which were in very beta state.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.