Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I don't love paying for subscriptions either or carrying water for any company in an unpaid role...but is it true that if you don't subscribe, you get locked out of any of your events/calendars?

From what I've seen and understand, you lose access to some "enhanced" features (who's value can certainly be questioned/rejected), but your calendars/events aren't held hostage to the subscription the way you imply here.

Well, I certainly didn't spend hard earned cash for an app so they could constantly nag me to hand them more money. Flexibits can pound sand. I cut my losses, and wrote off what I spent on their software. They will never get another dime from me, even if they manage to cure cancer and COVID in the same week. Their "business model" has earned them a special place in developer hell.

Reactions: Whigu and 1144557

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I already bought Fantastical a few years ago; not shelling out any more for it - so I'm using the "grandfathered" tier in Fantastical 3.

The extra frills really are not needed for me.

I love Fantastical, but not enough for a calendar app subscription.

Reactions: max2

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
After they pulled the subscription shenanigans, I deleted them and have never looked back. Stock app works just fine for me.
Opposite for me, left the stock app, natural language spoiled me for creating tasks or appointments with a breeze. Apple calendar is too limiting

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.