Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Oh hi!

I am torn (and i mean that literally - anatomical tearing) between getting an Air now and waiting a few months to see if a super duper version with 256GB SSD, 4GB RAM, slight processor bump, better thermals, glass trackpad, helium pockets to make it float etc turns up, silently or otherwise.

Would someone who works for Apple Corp in Cupertino, California, USA, please register here at the macrumors.com forums and tell me whether there will be an update to the Air anytime soon. Please do this immediately.

Steven if you are reading this yourself please do get a move on, I haven't got forever.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Oh hi!

I am torn (and i mean that literally - anatomical tearing) between getting an Air now and waiting a few months to see if a super duper version with 256GB SSD, 4GB RAM, slight processor bump, better thermals, glass trackpad, helium pockets to make it float etc turns up, silently or otherwise.

Would someone who works for Apple Corp in Cupertino, California, USA, please register here at the macrumors.com forums and tell me whether there will be an update to the Air anytime soon. Please do this immediately.

Steven if you are reading this yourself please do get a move on, I haven't got forever.

This is either a brilliant parody or another example of why this forum has come to be mocked amongst many tech circles compared to what it was in 2004.

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

CompanionCube said:
The next Macbook Air will have 4GB DDR3, 2.53GHz cpu, and a 7 hour battery.

4gb ram, yes, but it will be biofueled. Kthxbai.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I highly doubt that anyone with any knowledge is willing to risk his or her job, which is probably a nice gig, to appease you. And anyone that you might have direct contact with doesn't know jack. They didn't ever tell us anything. Even the managers had little to no clue (maybe a week in advance, if that).

Anyway, I've wondered why technology companies always pre-announce their stuff.

Hey guys. Don't buy anything from us for about a month, okay.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Hah, that's a pretty funny post :p

Anyways, there's always something better around the corner. If you need it now, buy now, if not, wait. The Rev D air will be better than the Rev C air. My prediction: 4 GB ram BTO, 256 SSD BTO.

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
This is either a brilliant parody or another example of why this forum has come to be mocked amongst many tech circles compared to what it was in 2004.
I err towards the former explanation! :)

There's more than enough jokers on here to account for the latter, but you can usually tell by the slack-jawed lack of joined-up thinking :(

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I am torn (and i mean that literally - anatomical tearing)
Personally, I am curious about this. :p

As for the release schedule of the next version of the MBA, who knows?

Someday there will be a version that has 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait. :)

wetrix

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
There are plenty of Apple employees on these forums, but not surprisingly, they tend to be just as informed as any other macrumors user.

Also, I don't think working in an Apple retail store is a particularly good gig. No offence but it sounds tedious and would make the world of Apple more like work :-(

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
- 10THZ Intel Core i107
- 50TB SLC SSD
- 102GB of DDR10 RAM
- 100 Hour Battery
- As thin as paper.

Ok, if you're going to let that can-has cat out of the bag, at least be exact about it. The 50TB SLC SSD after formatting is really only about 48TB. It kinda sucks. That's not near enough room. Secondly, REALISTICALLY, the battery will probably only pull around 75-80 hours. Apple needs to really get on the ball there. I only sleep twice a week. Lastly, when you say "as thin as paper", everyone's picturing notebook paper, but unfortunately, we're staring down the barrel of a construction-paperish thickness. Heaven forbid Apple be honest with us. :rolleyes:

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
LMAO.

This is great.
God, please tell me immediately if the world is going to end in two months.:)

PS: No replies so far guys, so I think it's safe to say it's not going to end. Whew!!

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Steven Paul Nathan Jobs, reply to my post right this instant or I will be very upset with you.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Steven Paul Nathan Jobs, reply to my post right this instant or I will be very upset with you.

And don't forget to wear a jacket when you go out. Those turtlenecks aren't that thick and the San Fransisco nights can be a bit chilly. And don't forget to drink your herbal tea like your father and I taught you.

Call me.

</mother>

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.