Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Hi, I'm a current Apple employee. Now I really shouldn't say this, about the new Air of all products, but it's actually going to be an amazing 5G..

Hang on a sec, someone's coming into my cubicle.. wait. What the? Wasn't me, honest. Wait, he said immediately, what was I going to... Not the face. NOT THE FACE! Argggghhhggg%^*^%....

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
You know, I'm sure it would make people a lot happier if Apple just stopped making new products - then everybody could have the "latest!" Win-win!

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
It better have an onboard terabit ethernet card and 9G wireless connectivity.
...and be like $199 for $5000 quality. :p

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
I second the above proposals.

Can I also please request that the cooling issues are resolved, preferably with internal watercooling, using the fluid of the tears of children.

Failing that, can you please manufacture it from air - literally? Yes it may not have a display or anything tangible whatsoever but it would really help the cooling issue and I wouldn't need to install Coolbook on it.

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
Hi, I'm a current Apple employee. Now I really shouldn't say this, about the new Air of all products, but it's actually going to be an amazing 5G..

Well that's disappointing because the 6G is now out! :mad:

And it is truly an amazing processor. Annodale will have a lot of its features, but it is still a step ahead.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Can I also please request that the cooling issues are resolved, preferably with internal watercooling, using the fluid of the tears of children.

Actually, I think they've got a working prototype that uses Unicorn spit. :p

waiwai

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
Oh hi!

I am torn (and i mean that literally - anatomical tearing) between getting an Air now and waiting a few months to see if a super duper version with 256GB SSD, 4GB RAM, slight processor bump, better thermals, glass trackpad, helium pockets to make it float etc turns up, silently or otherwise.

Would someone who works for Apple Corp in Cupertino, California, USA, please register here at the macrumors.com forums and tell me whether there will be an update to the Air anytime soon. Please do this immediately.

Steven if you are reading this yourself please do get a move on, I haven't got forever.

Sorry to burst ur bubble but all apple employees sign a non-disclosure agreement. that means they can't talk about anything regarding apple. heck can't even say you work for them without getting terminated.

good day.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Sorry to burst ur bubble but all apple employees sign a non-disclosure agreement. that means they can't talk about anything regarding apple. heck can't even say you work for them without getting terminated.

good day.
So how was work today waiwai?....AT APPLE! :)

Hehehe, I know, I just hoped someone would come on and illegally breach that non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of allaying the anxieties of random members of the public.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
But there are rumors that OS X Sex Panther will fix that!

I've gotta be honest with you....when I booted my computer up after installing that OS, it smelled like pure gasoline. Stings the nostrils.

Damn you both! This is what popped into my head when I read that.

I did have to sign what equates to an NDA when I worked at Apple Retail, but nothing that said I couldn't say I even worked for them. We did have to be careful about speculation, though. I even had to delete a couple of Tweets I made regarding my own personal speculation on iPhone 3G. We were told that if it was on Apple.com, we could talk about it to the customers. Of course, they told us jack.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 55
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.