Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meeble

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2003
does ANYONE have a copy of mc68k's scripts?

the FAQ is out of date, and I can't find them anywhere.

Anyone?

Thanks,
meeble

meeble

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2003
thank you Vlade!

if you are willing to keep these served, someone should change the FAQ to point to you instead of dead 404 links.

anyone?

-meeble

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
I have no problem serving the files and my website will be around for longer than the scripts work. I'm not sure when the 4.x client will be disabled by stanford, and I think thats what version the scripts are?

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
Whats up with my folding@home???

I installed the SMP client 'Installer' version of FAH and when i open it in applications all i get is this:

Picture1-4.png

I started FAH in the system preferences, but i have no idea where to go from here. Is this normal with the beta? Is it that sketchy?

Help? Anyone?

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Nice pic! And thanks for the PM, but I'm sorry I can't help you with this one, never seen this before. You have the Beta for Intel Macs. I have heard that is does some strange things and still have a lot of problems, but haven't heard about this. Because your CPU is at about 95% it is working/folding. There is a Intel folding thread, discussing more things about the Beta for Intel Macs. Maybe someone can help you there. Happy folding, and don't give up just because you have this strange thing, remember, it's still in Beta!! if you want to see the progress of your unit, open the FAHlog.txt file and scroll down to the end.

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
I don't feel confident enough to do things through the console. I downloaded InCrease, but that doesn't seem to be displaying my WU ... but it is working because my FAHlog is tracking progress.

BootstrapMetal

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2006
I just started folding today. I need your help, because I think I'm not doing much as of now.
workingcv9.png

This is running on an Intel iMac Core Duo

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
I STILL can't get InCrease to show the WU im folding. I can open the FAHlog and it shows my progress but id really like InCrease to run so i can see more (and it looks nicer) Also, the FAH window still looks like the pic in my post above. But i guess we just need to wait for a stable beta.

Can anyone help?

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
I just started folding today. I need your help, because I think I'm not doing much as of now.

<snip photo link>

This is running on an Intel iMac Core Duo

Yeah, you're folding. The 4 folding cores are definitely working -- 57.1, 58.4, 22.1, and 38.6 percent CPU usage respectively over the processes is definitely making some progress. I can understand your confusion though; why isn't the progress column showing anything?! Simple! Go to "Tools > Download qd updates" and you should be good to go. :D

Now, whether or not you'll meet the deadlines on a Core Duo is another question.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I have no problem serving the files and my website will be around for longer than the scripts work. I'm not sure when the 4.x client will be disabled by stanford, and I think thats what version the scripts are?

I'll take a look at those and change them as necessary since I did part of the update to 4.x for mc68k. I could probably upgrade the scripts for 4 (8, if possibe) cores, if someone wanted to deal with that.

[EDIT]
The two disk images already contain version 5 of the same date that I'm currently running. No change is necessary.
[/EDIT]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.