Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hmmm I've run into a little problem. The 2020-005 Security Update installer freezes at the black screen (after restart). The "Installing Software Update" progress bar hangs at a few millimetres in. Has anyone else had this?

flyproductions

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2014
Hmmm I've run into a little problem. The 2020-005 Security Update installer freezes at the black screen (after restart). The "Installing Software Update" progress bar hangs at a few millimetres in. Has anyone else had this?
How long did you wait. The reboot after installation can take up to 15 - 20 minutes depending to the machine.

soloofboom

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2015
So there will still be two ways to keep making use of NV-cards with HS after that:
- using the OS-version-independent driver 387.10.10.15.15.108
- just stop installing HS "security"-updates

:)
Do you know where can I get my hands on that specific driver? Can't find it online. It seems like this driver is a problem for many but it is my only solution left for my mac pro 3,1 +gtx960
Thanks

soloofboom

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2015
Do you know where can I get my hands on that specific driver? Can't find it online. It seems like this driver is a problem for many but it is my only solution left for my mac pro 3,1 +gtx960
Thanks
Found them here:
If anyone also needs them.

soloofboom

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2015
Hello, so I'm trying to get my MP3,1 + GTX960 Asus Strix to work well on HS. The same card is working perfect on ElCapitan on MP1,1 and 2,1. I tried multiple version of webdrivers. From 17G65 to fully updated, tried the independent driver 387.10.10.15.15.108 but all returned same problem; it looks like I don't get the acceleration, windows are sluggish and some artefact are popping on web. Someone else passed through this situation-ish?

Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.