Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Reactions: pachyderm and Huntn

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Reactions: Huntn and pachyderm

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 3 Episode 8: Who Rules The Land of Denial- Possibly the best episode this season, action, tension, and surreal. I was rooting for Nkki! And although I'm not usually a huge fan of surreal or supernatural, in a story like this, the bowling alley scene were Nikki meets the stranger (who was on the plane with the Chief on her visit to California) was cool, especially speculating about the fate of the one eared, Russian. :)

I read a summary of this episode that references Mr. Wrench, the man Nikki was chained to. I vaguely remember him from Season 1, but can't remember his role. I assume he was a bad guy, which seems obvious. :)

fargo-season-3-nikki-wrench.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
remember the spaceship in Season 2?

it doesn't show up in season 3. lol

I passed on Season 2. :)
Just watched the Season 3 final, and I'm dissapointed. While I can accept what happened, it was a big let down if any kind of hope for satisfaction was expected and I specifically dislike hanging endings.

The pessimist in me says Varga gets away, which is what I expected. I really wanted Nikki to escape, so that made me sad.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Though I would've liked a bit of closure at the end, I enjoyed the finale for what it was (given the show's penchant for the unexpected).

Poor Nikki, I was rooting for her after the last couple episodes.

I also liked that they tied this season to the previous ones with Wes Wrench. They could've had any random thug as her sidekick, but it's nice that they brought back a previously introduced character.

Reactions: pachyderm and Huntn

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
Worst season ender in my opinion...

Maybe the claim that it's a true story is really true and this is how it ended...

Reactions: Huntn

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I agree, it doesn't really feel like Fargo. But the season has been pretty good so far. Feels like it's building up to something big. And
Timothy Olyphant
was a pleasant surprise.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I hate to say it, but I’m kinda losing interest the last few episodes. Perhaps it’s because there are so many characters this season, I’m not sure, but I’m finding it difficult to care about what happens to any of them.

I hate to say it, but I’m kinda losing interest the last few episodes. Perhaps it’s because there are so many characters this season, I’m not sure, but I’m finding it difficult to care about what happens to any of them.
I thought the same after watching the first 2 episodes. But by re-watching each episode, it becomes very clear, and I am actually enjoying the series. Still not as good as any of the first 3 seasons, but it is entertaining. I really like how well Jason Schwartzman plays the Italian crime boss Jasto Fadda:

For such a little man, he is certainly powerful!

Reactions: ritmomundo

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I get that, I mean, the acting is good. I’m impressed with Chris Rock in a dramatic role. And Jason Schwartzman delivers too.

But to expand on why I’m disappointed.. I think the issue for me this season is that it's not really Fargo. Each previous season had this core element of an everyman finding himself in and navigating through some crazy, increasingly unpredictable situation. Someone you side with and want to root for. This one doesn't have that.

One might posit that perhaps Rabbi (Ben Whishaw) loosely fits that role, but I dunno, it’s a stretch.

Otherwise yeah, so far it’s a decently entertaining story of dueling crime families and a handful of quirky characters doing.. well, not much.

But hey, still got 4 episodes to go to turn things around!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.