Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
I get that, I mean, the acting is good. I’m impressed with Chris Rock in a dramatic role. And Jason Schwartzman delivers too.

But to expand on why I’m disappointed.. I think the issue for me this season is that it's not really Fargo. Each previous season had this core element of an everyman finding himself in and navigating through some crazy, increasingly unpredictable situation. Someone you side with and want to root for. This one doesn't have that.

One might posit that perhaps Rabbi (Ben Whishaw) loosely fits that role, but I dunno, it’s a stretch.

Otherwise yeah, so far it’s a decently entertaining story of dueling crime families and a handful of quirky characters doing.. well, not much.

But hey, still got 4 episodes to go to turn things around!
That is very well stated! And like you, it does not "feel like" a real Fargo. The first 3 seasons, and of course the movie, had the elements you described, and it resulted in super entertainment!

And like you, I can't help but think this season is akin to The Godfather, with Jason Schwartzman doing that job very well.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
srPrpd2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.