Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I belong to Generation X (real early part) and from what I see even the younger members of the US Government seem to not understand technology at the level I do. Facebook has a purpose though I never really regularly used it. I agree we have too many fossils in government who think a wired telephone is high tech but given how sheltered so many of them seem would the younger ones really be any better?

It might be a case of laziness and entitlement. Most Members of Congress, young and old, come from the wealthy entitled families. Why bother learning to set up your own iPhone and WiFi when a secretary or campaign aide is supposed to do that?

Why bother learning how to properly compose a responsible, sensible, accountable social media post.... when all you have to do is order a Washington DC intern to do the work?

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
Exactly because at the time he was pushing back at many websites and CNN/MSNBC, etc, claiming they weren't being fair to him. He obscured the reason for blocking them through his constant tantrums over not being worshiped. Sad.

Was he right? Yes, but not for the likely reason he did it. *shrug* Moving on...
you are out of it lol

• Haha
Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
🚨🚨Hot take warning 🚨🚨

I would rather have the Chinese government spy on me than the NSA or FBI. China doesn't have any jurisdiction over me and nothing they can do with my data will have any effect on my life.

Pretending that TikTok and ByteDance are somehow worse than Google or Facebook or any other American company that hoovers up all of my data is just silly.
hot take , I would rather have neither spy on me

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.