Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
just put some features you want apple to unlock or update to iphone.

im gonna say 3 .

- flash plugin
- i want to be able to save images from emails ( cant understand why i cant !!)
- To install widgets and edit the home screen with the widget i want ( not that stupid NOTES and STOCKS, why tha hell i want STOCK, im an art director !)

and u ?!?!

:p :apple:

MarceePauff

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
I have two that are most important to me:
1) Customizable Ringtones
2) iChat (or some Instant Messaging application)

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
1. Phone as Modem
2. Attachable or bluetooth keyboard
2. Download and play mp3/wav/mp4 attachments in email.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
How about ringing/vibrating reminders for missed calls/txts?

If you miss a call/txt you have to go back and check the phone. Seems to easy to miss a call...

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
Productivity Apps

IM? Feh! I'd like to see some productivity apps. Start with being able to sync Notes to the desktop. Add a ToDo list. Some tiny databases like SplashID would be great.

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
1. Phone as Modem
2. Attachable or bluetooth keyboard
2. Download and play mp3/wav/mp4 attachments in email.

attachable keyboard ? if steve read this he will personally kick your ass :p

i just hope steve dont make us buy a new version of iphone for each new feature.. i heard will have a ilife app for iphone v2.. :eek:

alabare

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Allow screen control on your mac via your iphone. Would envision being able to replace mouse functions with finger touch.

My .02

confirmed

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
New York, NY
1. offline reader (ebooks, magazines, newspapers.. purchased on iTunes)
2. ichat
3. streaming video (or simply a live video news widget)
4. screen control, as mentioned by alabare

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
  • IM
  • MMS
  • Voice Dialing
  • Video recording (why not?)
  • Customizable Ringtones
  • GPS-like navigation and interaction with Google Maps
All of these a very basic features that I would expect in any mobile phone (my free RAZR can do everything above).

It would also be nice if widgets made for OS X actually worked, flash was supported in Safari, and Games made for the iPod also worked on the iPhone.

PS - I agree with rwdebes, greater customizability of the home screen would be nice as well.

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
-Ability to use iphone as a tethered modem
-decent games
-ichat
-ability to create, edit, and send office documents

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
1. Adjustable Ringtones, just like Blackberry OS, I'll even donate my Blackberry to Apple to do this.
2. iChat with Skype support
3. Push email from more than just Yahoo.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i'm echoing what everybody's already said. i want custom ringtones, and i want them not just for the ringer. i want them for voicemail, texts, email, etc. i also want apple to offer more ringtones, starting with the standard ringer heard on their commercials. i still don't get why apple advertises the iphone with a ringer it doesn't come with. :confused:

i also want ichat, more widgets and for notes to sync with the stickies on my mac. i'd also like the option to set the home screen icons how i want it. throw in flash and external storage support, too. i don't think all these will happen, but surely something's gotta give.

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
Ebooks
upcomming appointments on "lock" screen along with a voice mail indicator
avantgo (offline news reader for the subway)

Games (there has to be a hidden break out game on this thing - Steve has included one in every ipod - the first one had it hidden - don't you guys think there is a hidden one on the iphone?)

joseftu

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
EBOOKS, EBOOKS, EBOOKS!!!!

The screen is soooo great. Itunes already can handle pdf's. Let us buy books and read them!!!!!

(Can you tell I want this feature? ;))

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
working gmail ? mine works well. :confused:

they just need to fix the bugs with it... where it shows all your sent mail in your inbox. i don't want to have to setup a filter to send my sent mail to my trash just so it doesn't show up on my iphone.

but... this topic is being covered in many other threads... so i'll end the discussion there so we can get back on topic. :)

stevin3

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2007
STEREO BLUETOOTH HEADPHONE SUPPORT!!!

I seriously dont see why this isnt included already?
the iphone has bluetooth 2.0... and yea.... it will be a battery drain...
but the iPhone headphones are so much more of a pain than a nice stereo bluetooth headset would be...with voice dialing :):):)

BayAreaMacFan

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
1. Mobile iTunes Store and Streaming Media from my iTunes (hopefully possible with Telekinesis)
2. Downloads off the Net into a Download folder on the Home Screen (Word, Excel, PDF, QT Video, etc.)
3. Chat client (one thing the Web 2.0/AJAX apps work perfectly for)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.