Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Over the Air SYNC

1. Over the Air SYNC of Contacts, Calendar, Task, To Do List, Notes
Only USB to Computer for things like really large files, like Video.
WiFi / Edge is fast enough for everything else.
2. Active Sync for Exchange and Windows Live
3. Email FROM Address (or Reply To)
4. Yahoo PUSH of "My Folders". Not just INBOX.
5. Direct SYNC with Google Calendars (using SyncMyCal now).
6. GPS - even via Bluetooth.
7. More USAGE Stats.
Show Actual Battery Level (i.e. 67%)
Show USAGE per major application.

I know Apple will release updates over time. However, it would be cool to get updates on a regular basic for the 1st year to keep the excitment going.

On a positive note this is a great phone/pda/email device ...

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
STEREO BLUETOOTH HEADPHONE SUPPORT!!!

I seriously dont see why this isnt included already?
the iphone has bluetooth 2.0... and yea.... it will be a battery drain...
but the iPhone headphones are so much more of a pain than a nice stereo bluetooth headset would be...with voice dialing :):):)

I'll second that.

Also more iTunes features that are missing now
FLash
better mail management
Better speakerphone

un1ty

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
- Flash
- iChat/Skype
- audio streaming (Internet radio)
- customized alerts for emails and text messages (Alert every 5 minutes when you receive a new email)
- landscape mode everywhere including the home page.
- wallpapers for the home page.

horation

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2007
GPS - show your location on Maps and give coordinates
streaming video and radio
multimedia text messaging

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
1.) iChat with AIM compatibility
2.) Save images from the web, or simply have the ability to right click, maybe the same you do on a macbook or macbook pro with two fingers
3.) Copy PASTE!!!
4.) Ringtones
5.) Disk Use
6.) Bluetooth Transfer

FLASH FLASH FLASH!!!

I am not sure why they decided not to include flash, maybe because loading the sites might be overwhelmingly slow on the Edge network, however, I would love to go directly to youtube and get all the vids they havent yet converted, or the simple games on websites, or pretty much any website.

In apples defense, I can understand that perhaps the fact that a lot of ads and random crap are flash, and the fact that it will be very slow when loading, is the reason why flash is not yet included, but remember this phone is like apples new child, with time, updates are going to fix a lot of the crap. It is still an awesome phone.

Goldenbear

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
After using mine for a week, here are my top 3:

1) Voice Dialing
2) Bluetooth Tethering
3) Voice memo recording/Custom Ringtones (can't decide, so it's a tie :))

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
1. (right now) the ability to sync Notes and ToDo (why just Contacts and Appts???)
2. (most important) the ability to use the file system -- store files, delete files, install executables, etc. (by all means, protect the OS files.)
3. Applications -- (since I have #2) -- Documents To Go, eWallet, FreeCell, XWord (for crossword puzzles), a securities/asset tracking program, and more to come.

Then, by gosh, my iPhone would have the capabilities that my Palm had several years ago. ;)

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
I do agree on almost all of the things that have been listed in this thread, but I am not aiming so high, HOW ABOUT COPY AND PASTE????

I was at a jobsite trying to track a ups delivery, the shipper emailed me the tracking number... so here I am with my 600 dollar iphone having to search for a pen and paper to write a tracking number down.......

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
At least with my treos I always had a stylus with me, that the top unscrewed into an ink pen

donlphi

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2006
Seattle (M$ Country)
1) SLINGPLAYER
2) FLASH SUPPORT
3) VIDEO CAMERA SUPPORT FOR SHORT MOVIE CLIPS
4) ZOOM FEATURES FOR STILL CAMERA
5) SOME NEW RINGTONES WOULD BE NICE TOO

I really just need Slingplayer, could care less about the rest of the stuff to be honest. I have a computer for my flash websites, and I am generally just checking blogs and e-mail with my phone. I have a great camera for photos and a new HD Video Camera, so the video options I can live without. The ringtones would be nice, but I would rather just be able to make my own, which looks like I can if I am feeling up to the challenge.

Let's go Slingmedia, make it work... somehow... :D

jimbot

macrumors member
May 3, 2007
i really want to be able to listen to my library through iTunes while at work (sync at home). i can see my library just fine, but it's greyed out. pretty lame.

Offspring992

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
- GPS enabled google maps. A good example of this would be like what Helio has on their phones.
- iChat would be nice as well.
- MP3/AAC ringtones. This would be killer.
- Flash for Safari.
- Real Apps.

akabenlee

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2007
TO DO's!!!! I WANT TO DO's

call me practical, forgetful or whatever just give me To Do's that sync with iCal. Seems pretty basic.

I too can do without Stocks...puhleeze. Were they that desperate to fill that vacuous hole in the second row.

Please AAPL, give me To Do's on my iPhone...yesterday.

confirmed

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
New York, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

iChat with voice... call other computers and iPhones!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.