Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wtfidkwtp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2021
I ordered the 13 Pro Max in sierra blue at the very end of September and mine was stolen by fed ex themselves. Shipped Friday night (10/15) then it had a "delay beyond their control", meaning it would take an extra day and not be overnight, it then made it all the way to a sort facility Saturday (10/16) morning that is only an hour from me and then was never to be seen again. Contacted Fedex multiple times and for FOUR days they gave me the runaround saying "oh I'm sure it'll be there tomorrow" "it appears there are weather delays" (it wasn't even raining). Finally reached a lady who apparently does package tracing and she informed me that my package was lost. When I informed her of the contents and asked if she thinks it was stolen, she said most likely yes. She ended that crappy phone call with "thank you for choosing fedex" and I couldn't hold my tongue because at that point I was beyond furious and I replied "I didn't ****ing choose fedex". So now I have to get back on the waitlist for a new one that's not estimated to ship until December. I'm furious to say the least. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to anyone else but I’m stressed that when my new one finally ships it’ll get stolen again.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
I ordered the 13 Pro Max in sierra blue at the very end of September and mine was stolen by fed ex themselves. Shipped Friday night (10/15) then it had a "delay beyond their control", meaning it would take an extra day and not be overnight, it then made it all the way to a sort facility Saturday (10/16) morning that is only an hour from me and then was never to be seen again. Contacted Fedex multiple times and for FOUR days they gave me the runaround saying "oh I'm sure it'll be there tomorrow" "it appears there are weather delays" (it wasn't even raining). Finally reached a lady who apparently does package tracing and she informed me that my package was lost. When I informed her of the contents and asked if she thinks it was stolen, she said most likely yes. She ended that crappy phone call with "thank you for choosing fedex" and I couldn't hold my tongue because at that point I was beyond furious and I replied "I didn't ****ing choose fedex". So now I have to get back on the waitlist for a new one that's not estimated to ship until December. I'm furious to say the least. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to anyone else but I’m stressed that when my new one finally ships it’ll get stolen again.
Where did you order it from? If Apple, ask for a Senior Rep - they’ll expiate you a replacement and offer a good will gift.

CR45H 0V3RR1D3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2021
Pinellas Park, Florida
Honestly, I don't understand why they don't keep track of the IMEI's of the devices they ship, allowing them(and you) to blacklist a potentially stolen device. It obviously doesn't do anything for you, but it certainly keeps the asshat who stole your device, from being able to do anything with it as well.

Reactions: rafrod28 and Pug72

wtfidkwtp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2021
Where did you order it from? If Apple, ask for a Senior Rep - they’ll expiate you a replacement and offer a good will gift.
I had ordered it through AT&T as an upgrade for my current phone (11 Pro Max) and I tried to get put to the front of the line but 3 reps I spoke with were no help and said it wasn’t possible.

wtfidkwtp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2021
Honestly, I don't understand why they don't keep track of the IMEI's of the devices they ship, allowing them(and you) to blacklist a potentially stolen device. It obviously doesn't do anything for you, but it certainly keeps the asshat who stole your device, from being able to do anything with it as well.
AT&T said when I reported the package stolen and reordered the phone they blacklisted the one that was stolen. Unfortunately what is most likely going to happen is the thief will sell the unopened box to some unsuspecting person who will then be out how ever much money they spent and be stuck with the blacklisted phone.

CR45H 0V3RR1D3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2021
Pinellas Park, Florida
AT&T said when I reported the package stolen and reordered the phone they blacklisted the one that was stolen. Unfortunately what is most likely going to happen is the thief will sell the unopened box to some unsuspecting person who will then be out how ever much money they spent and be stuck with the blacklisted phone.
Honestly, you're probably right. If they were scumbags enough to steal it, they'll be just as big of scumbags and sell it to someone else. Sorry, to hear that, brother.

Reactions: wtfidkwtp

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
In Connecticut near me today's news.

Seems their career in the shipping industry is over... 3rd degree larceny is a class D felony in Connecticut so they're looking at some possible prison time as well as a fine.. I'm sure they'll cop a plea to a lesser charge though

melle_paige

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2015
West Monroe, La
Mine was stolen by UPS. Apple did send me a replacement, so now I won't get it until mid November. Fed-Ex stole a repair that I sent in also, so I'm dealing with that issue too. This all happened on the same day. I'm livid.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Just be happy that you did not have this issue with Google. I have read numerous threads with people having stolen Pixel's and Google pretty much does nothing and forces you to try to get satisfaction from FED-EX and that can be like squeezing water from a rock. ?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Mine was stolen by UPS. Apple did send me a replacement, so now I won't get it until mid November. Fed-Ex stole a repair that I sent in also, so I'm dealing with that issue too. This all happened on the same day. I'm livid.
Wow! I have never seen a post about two different carriers stealing on the same day, much less with the same person. Pain the butt for sure.

Chrisfromthesix

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2021
Just be happy that you did not have this issue with Google. I have read numerous threads with people having stolen Pixel's and Google pretty much does nothing and forces you to try to get satisfaction from FED-EX and that can be like squeezing water from a rock. ?
I live in Toronto and ordered an iPhone 13 pro 512GB on Sept 19th. It was showing tracking and cleared customs in Mirabel Montreal. I was suppose to receive it Oct 20th. I contacted FedEx several times and was told to be patient. I had Apple open an investigation and am now being told that the phone was stolen. How is this possible given that Apple has serial numbers on all devices being shipped and can block and track any phone? I think Apple is in on this and making excuses because of the chip shortage and inability to produce phones quickly. Long story short I am being asked to wait another two months.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Back when the iPhone XS Max was launched my Max was cut out of the box and UPS had delivered a empty box to me. I was waiting right by the door and the UPS guy just dropped the empty box and loped away quickly. I was heart broken and took the box to my local police station to file a police report contacted my carrier and was sent a replacement and I had to pickup it up at the UPS CC station.

Chrisfromthesix

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2021
Back when the iPhone XS Max was launched my Max was cut out of the box and UPS had delivered a empty box to me. I was waiting right by the door and the UPS guy just dropped the empty box and loped away quickly. I was heart broken and took the box to my local police station to file a police report contacted my carrier and was sent a replacement and I had to pickup it up at the UPS CC station.

Chrisfromthesix

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2021
What floors me is that Apple always washes their hands of any lost or stolen phones during delivery. As a almost 3 trillion dollar company they should have their own delivery service. Better yet, a drone service like Amazon. Apple can never become Amazon. They are too cheap

• Haha
Reactions: ignatius345

Cuesca

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Fedex sucks, I'm glad Apple used UPS for me this time around. I remember ordering a GPU a few months ago from Bestbuy and they decided to ship it via FEDEX. By the time it got to me the box was retaped and felt like nothing is in there when a GPU is usually pretty hefty. I refused to sign and the FEDEX guy got pissed off and called his manager or something. He was telling them that I already opened the box when in fact I did not. These people are sketchy...

• Wow
Reactions: ZebraDude

frocco

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
Just received from verizon via fedex, iphone, case, screen protector.
I opened the box and no iphone.
wtf

• Haha
Reactions: vrflyer

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Sorry that happened to you. However, I am willing to bet that Apple will block the IMEI number, of that iPhone, and no one will be able to use it. So, the main inconvenience is you having to wait longer, for your replacement device.

Again, sorry that happened...

Reactions: frocco
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.