Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
ok, i plugged my iPod Touch into my dock radio with speaker and all that. the speakers make like a pulsing sound and the bottom of my iPod got really really hot after about 5 minutes. does this mean anything?

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got out of the shower and i checked my iPod just now and i unplugged it and it turned on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know how but it works fine now!!! iTunes is readng it, its charging. im so happy now!!!!

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
ok, thanks. i think i might take it too apple though just to be safe. so ill see how it is tomorrow. the charging is kinda on and off right now and its getting hot when i charge it for a little

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
well, my iPod isnt charging again. iTues wont read it wither and the hting that gets me is when i plug it into my dock thing and press the play button it will play my music but it wont charge it. i need to restore it so i can take it to apple, is there a way to restore without using a computer??

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
ok, my iPod just now turned on. i put it into DFU mode right away and iTunes is now downloading the 2.2.1 firmware so i can restore it!!!!!!!! appointment with Apple tomorrow morning

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
ok, i put it in DFU mode and restored it so i no longer have a jailbreak. it stopped charging again about an hour ago but its ok. i am ready to go to apple tomorrow. ill keep you updated

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
lol it just started charging again like 5 minutes ago but its getting hot. hotter than it usually gets when charging

EDIT: it was getting really hot cuz it was in front on my laptop's ventilation fan thing.... which is really hot.... why the hell is my laptop getting so damn hot?!?!

oh, should i bring my laptop to the genius bar tomorrow? this is the computer i use to sync my iPod

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
hey guys. i went to the Appe store today (im actually there right now waiting for a ride) im setting up my BRAND NEW IPOD TOUCH righ now. they replaces it for free. right now im just standing here setting up my iPod. im so glad i brought my laptop. id be so bored without it. so thats it, they replaced my iPod. yay!!

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
hey guys. i went to the Appe store today (im actually there right now waiting for a ride) im setting up my BRAND NEW IPOD TOUCH righ now. they replaces it for free. right now im just standing here setting up my iPod. im so glad i brought my laptop. id be so bored without it. so thats it, they replaced my iPod. yay!!

Good for you! Replacement a 1st or 2nd gen.?

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
Mooching Apple's wifi? ;) That's awesome you got a new one. Is it a first or second generation?

hell yeah!! mooching their wifi on my Windows laptop =D lmao!! i should have jailbroken my iPod right there in the store

they gave me a first gen. i asked if they could give me a second gen and i asked how much it would cost to get a second gen replacement but they said they cant do that. they said i could bring my first gen in and id get 10% off a second gen iPod Touch. so that would be 30 bucks off a 16 gig which would be about 27o bucks =/ i can find a better deal on craigslist =P

i also bought that invisibleSHIELD thing from this vendor outsie the Apple store for 25 bucks. i have air bubbles around the edges of my iPod where the black border thing raises higher than the screen. will they go away over time?

MistressAuntie

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Any other suggestions

Hi,
I have two touches that have done this . One is out of warranty purchased through MacMall, and the other in warranty purchased through Best Buy.

Besides begging for a replacement, has anyone successfully fixed this problem? I have followed all of the steps you outlined for Austin, and it is hit and miss if it works or not.

thanks
Jane

Yetti 000

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
Hi,
I have two touches that have done this . One is out of warranty purchased through MacMall, and the other in warranty purchased through Best Buy.

Besides begging for a replacement, has anyone successfully fixed this problem? I have followed all of the steps you outlined for Austin, and it is hit and miss if it works or not.

thanks
Jane

Ditto. Just stopped charging after 3-4 months. I went to the genius bar and they made me set up an appointment for another day that I was never able to go to with my busy schedule. In a few months I forgot about the problem because I picked up the DroidX... now its 4 months out of warranty and my girlfriend is asking what I did with her gift. Wish there was a solution.

ThaKid23

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
I need help too

I have the 4th gen ipod touch and it won't show up on iTunes, neither would it charge ... Im not sure what to do up to this point! Everytime I plug it into the charger nothing pops up on the battery indicator (the charging logo) ... Please respond back as soon as possible!

Tiffyish

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2012
Hey guys! I just had the same problem and this is what you do:

1. Change chargers
2. Wait for awhile.
It should start charging after a couple of minutes.
~or~

1. Hold lock button and home button for a few seconds until you see the apple logo. Wait for a few minutes.
2. Charge.
It should work too.

If both don't work, you should go to the apple store an ask what is going on with the battery.

SandyJ

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Same Issue

Hi, I have the same issue, if you know how to fix my ipod, please please please let me know.. Thanks

wow, i just plugged it into my computer and clicked home and on/off together why itunes are open, my computer made the sound it makes when something is connected and itunes told me the ipod is now in recovery mode so I am now trying to restore my ipad.. wow wow wow after a year i might have my ipod back

Stand by.....waiting....

=( An unknown Error occured.. It did not instore

Last edited:

SandyJ

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
I have the 4th gen ipod touch and it won't show up on iTunes, neither would it charge ... Im not sure what to do up to this point! Everytime I plug it into the charger nothing pops up on the battery indicator (the charging logo) ... Please respond back as soon as possible!

Hit menu and on/off at the same time why connected to computer with itunes on.. you will then get recovery mode. Good luck

----------

Hi, I have the same issue, if you know how to fix my ipod, please please please let me know.. Thanks

wow, i just plugged it into my computer and clicked home and on/off together why itunes are open, my computer made the sound it makes when something is connected and itunes told me the ipod is now in recovery mode so I am now trying to restore my ipad.. wow wow wow after a year i might have my ipod back

Stand by.....

Its connecting to itunes, I am so excited.

Mine did not work, I hope it works for you. Good Luck

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.