Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I just got my blue fine woven magnetic link band. And while it is not as nice as the leather, I really like it. It is comfortable and does not seem to scratch as easily as the cases. I tried to push my nail down on it and there was not an indentation.

I am really happy with it and think it looks fabulous with the silver AW9 al watch!!

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 968

strkt1192

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
I was looking at this band. Do you think its good for when working out as well? I dont sweat like crazy but would like to use one band for everything.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Ok, I have to ask: why wear your watch in the shower? You don’t clean your skin on your wrist?

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I was looking at this band. Do you think its good for when working out as well? I dont sweat like crazy but would like to use one band for everything.
I have not worn it working out - I use my braided loop

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I used the FineWoven magnetic link band for the first time today and on 2 occasions it slipped and was loose on my wrist. I really like the band as it isn't as bulky as the leather one, but I am concerned about the possibility of losing my watch while wearing it.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I used the FineWoven magnetic link band for the first time today and on 2 occasions it slipped and was loose on my wrist. I really like the band as it isn't as bulky as the leather one, but I am concerned about the possibility of losing my watch while wearing it.
Same here - finding the magnets are very weak and keeps losing the original set position.

It's been a week and it hasn't improved with wear.

I am thinking of returning it and going back to the velcro sport band.

moptart

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
I have no problem with the magnets, and I love the band, the material and everything and someone stated above that it’s has a slimmer profile, which I really like as compared to the leather. I’m hoping they’ll come out with more colors.

Reactions: the future

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Ok, I have to ask: why wear your watch in the shower? You don’t clean your skin on your wrist?
Why not? And you can do both, clean the sweat off your band and was the skin underneath the watch, been doing that for years…

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I have no problem with the magnets, and I love the band, the material and everything and someone stated above that it’s has a slimmer profile, which I really like as compared to the leather. I’m hoping they’ll come out with more colors.
There have been many negative posts here re the woven phone cases so I’ve been curious how the watch band compares.

I would personally not get one, am just genuinely curious

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
There have been many negative posts here re the woven phone cases so I’ve been curious how the watch band compares.

I would personally not get one, am just genuinely curious
I love the FineWoven magnetic band, however it has slipped on every occasion that I have worn it and sadly I am returning it to Apple. I like the appearance of the material and the fact that it is slimmer than the leather band, but I'm just afraid that if it comes completely unattached I could lose or damage the watch.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I love the FineWoven magnetic band, however it has slipped on every occasion that I have worn it and sadly I am returning it to Apple. I like the appearance of the material and the fact that it is slimmer than the leather band, but I'm just afraid that if it comes completely unattached I could lose or damage the watch
^^^
IMG_0248 2.JPG

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Why not? And you can do both, clean the sweat off your band and was the skin underneath the watch, been doing that for years…
Well, I wouldn't want to wear a soggy alpine loop band afterwards (or destroy my leather band), and it would get in the way for washing my arm. That's just me, though.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Well, I wouldn't want to wear a soggy alpine loop band afterwards (or destroy my leather band), and it would get in the way for washing my arm. That's just me, though.
Which is why I only wear Nike sports bands with my regular AWs and the ocean band with my Ultras, easy to dry off.

Mirilobos

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
El Paso
I love mine too, strong magnets and the material feels nice and looks kind of office formal.

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
After a few weeks with a fine woven band (blue) I am going back to leather (I bought an extra Apple leather link on Amazon).
My dissatisfaction with the fine woven version:
- slips out of position constantly (weaker magnets?)
- the sides cut into the skin. The edge is somewhat “sharper” than the leather version
- marks on the band everywhere.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
After a few weeks with a fine woven band (blue) I am going back to leather (I bought an extra Apple leather link on Amazon).
My dissatisfaction with the fine woven version:
- slips out of position constantly (weaker magnets?)
- the sides cut into the skin. The edge is somewhat “sharper” than the leather version
- marks on the band everywhere.
Same here - not happy at all with the magnetic fine woven band.

Magnets are way too weak, slips looser during the day and fear losing AW.

Went back to the velcro sport band.

Listed on eBay for $75: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115975978305

Reactions: bevsb2

sscheuf

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2021
I have to be honest, the magnets on the Finewoven are better than the leather. Does it adjust during the day? Somewhat. Even so, the magnets are overall stronger and I think it's due to the texture.

c84216

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Just got mine. Magnets are very strong and no concerns there. Mine is replacing a braided solo loop that got to be too loose after two years of constant wearing. I'm sort of not expecting this one to last as long but we'll see.

I went to an Apple store to try it on before buying and I immediately noticed that the magnets seemed weak and loose. My partner pointed out I had not put it on correctly; there's something of an art to getting it to set correctly (it should click into place all the way up as the magnets latch). But once it does its super strong and secure and I've had no issues with it when I've tried to get it to fling off or come loose.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I returned mine because it frequently slipped while wearing it. I may try again if it's possible I wasn't putting it on correctly. I really liked the band otherwise.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Just got mine. Magnets are very strong and no concerns there. Mine is replacing a braided solo loop that got to be too loose after two years of constant wearing. I'm sort of not expecting this one to last as long but we'll see.

I went to an Apple store to try it on before buying and I immediately noticed that the magnets seemed weak and loose. My partner pointed out I had not put it on correctly; there's something of an art to getting it to set correctly (it should click into place all the way up as the magnets latch). But once it does its super strong and secure and I've had no issues with it when I've tried to get it to fling off or come loose.
I don't know if you've had time to get it wet yet, but I wonder how it holds up to that. I don't mean showering or swimming. I mean if the water from the faucet maybe gets on it.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Which is why I only wear Nike sports bands with my regular AWs and the ocean band with my Ultras, easy to dry off.

My Apple Series 6 (Nike edition) is my shower watch for this reason, while my Apple Watch Ultra 2 is charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.