Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c84216

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
I don't know if you've had time to get it wet yet, but I wonder how it holds up to that. I don't mean showering or swimming. I mean if the water from the faucet maybe gets on it.
I’ll let you know. I only have one band and I sleep with my watch on so I’ll quickly know how it’s holding up

Reactions: ProfessionalFan

c84216

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Btw I looked more closely. The trick to getting it to latch is that the long band must go over the short band and each of the magnets must snap in with the one below (I.e. it’s not infinitely adjustable but still highly adjustable).

Done the other way around you end up with a loose fit. It’s natural to want to do it the other way.

EDIT: also meant to add that it would seem like the FineWoven on the watch band is an entirely different material than on the phone cases. On the phone cases it’s almost like a faux-suede but on the watch it’s more like a super fine mesh material. I don’t know what this means for long term durability but given the issues with the cases it might not be the worst thing. I will say the FineWoven on the watch band is super appealing and very comfortable, surprisingly moreso than my previous braided solo loop.

Last edited:

strkt1192

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
I returned mine. It starts off as tight and strong but throughout the day it become loose. Doing simple hand movements will loosen it over time and needs readjustments. Shipped it back to apple and got my refund already.

Reactions: bevsb2

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I am guessing that the reason Apple is very clear that the band isn’t water resistant is because of the magnets. I’d want to wear this even for some exercise, which is what I did with my braided solo loop.

maci96

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
I used my fine woven band 3 days and I will return it. It’s really annoying to adjust the band every 30 min because it gets too loose. I really like the taupe and the feel of the band but it’s not worth 99€

Reactions: bevsb2

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
I used the FineWoven magnetic link band for the first time today and on 2 occasions it slipped and was loose on my wrist. I really like the band as it isn't as bulky as the leather one, but I am concerned about the possibility of losing my watch while wearing it.
This is exactly why I wouldn’t buy one.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Ok, I have to ask: why wear your watch in the shower? You don’t clean your skin on your wrist?
I wear my watch in the shower, mainly because my wife is typically at the far end of the house & if I slip/fall I have a way to get help. No, I'm not geriatric - but I am getting older and I'm realistic. Chances are I won't fall - but all it takes is once.

My mom lives alone, so I got her an Apple Watch and she's promised to wear it in the shower too.

Reactions: ebika and tonmischa

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I’ve been wearing one for a few weeks. Reading reviews online after ordering it I fully expected to return it but I really like it. It’s not slipping at all on me and it seems more practical than its leather predecessor (in terms of things like handwashing). I recognise that I’m in the minority but so far I’m wearing it pretty much every day.

toughkitty5

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
For me, the issues of FW magnetic link band are it collects dusts easily and it's get dirty easy, so look not so clean to me. Maybe I'm just a slob, I just need to wash the band? Maybe I wear the watch in the shower to see what happens. So, this is not my favorite band.
IMG_6978.jpeg IMG_6985.jpeg IMG_6980.jpeg IMG_6983.jpeg

toughkitty5

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
I wore this band in the shower but didn't help cleaning it. So, I put them in socks and washed in the washing machine and air dried. The result was pretty good actually.

IMG_7051.jpeg IMG_7050.jpeg IMG_7052.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.