Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color FineWoven case are you getting?

• Total voters

Rnd-chars

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2023
Black (wallet) on black (case) on black (phone). I’ll likely only use the case when traveling since it can be a pain to fix it overseas, but generally I’ll be using it without the case and with the wallet.

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US)
Black (wallet) on black (case) on black (phone). I’ll likely only use the case when traveling since it can be a pain to fix it overseas, but generally I’ll be using it without the case and with the wallet.

How does it stick to it?

On my 13 PM, the wallet doesn't really stick on the phone... it's super flimsy and easily detaching. With the leather case, it stays like glued.

I was thinking about keeping the 15PM without a case now that edges are less sharp, but I really need the magsafe wallet (and need it to stick)

Reactions: 5105973

AlexMac89

macrumors member
May 23, 2022
These looks pretty cheap in the pictures shown so far. Big step down from the leather it appears to me.

I had both the mulberry for my partner and the evergreen for myself delivered (super quickly!) the day after the event. They will be going back when we do our in store pick up on the 22nd.

Personally, these cases look and feel worse and much cheaper than the do in the pictures (which is saying a lot, because I already wasn’t a huge fan). I will probably order a cheap $10 case on Amazon to hold me over until I find something better. But this is not a $60+tax case (not that the leather one was either, but I liked the case enough to suck it up).

Super disappointing … 🙁

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
I've a visual person and couldn't decide. I ordered everything listed with the plan to pick a set and return the others. I've always used the Apple Silicone Cases. Just thought maybe i'd like something new.

iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Case - Evergreen
iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Wallet - Evergreen
iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Case - Pacific Blue
iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Wallet - Pacific Blue
iPhone 15 Pro Silicone Case - Cypress
iPhone 15 Pro Silicone Case - Storm Blue

Rnd-chars

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2023
How does it stick to it?

On my 13 PM, the wallet doesn't really stick on the phone... it's super flimsy and easily detaching. With the leather case, it stays like glued.

I was thinking about keeping the 15PM without a case now that edges are less sharp, but I really need the magsafe wallet (and need it to stick)
The FineWoven on FineWoven is remarkably strong. It reminds me of the “performance velvet” that some furniture companies offer for high traffic items. It’s soft, grippy and much darker than the photos, yet also feels and looks nicer than the photos.

I absolutely prefer it over my old leather Apple Wallet.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

newb-sasquatch

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Alabama
I have a taupe case arriving tomorrow that I plan to pair with my blue 15PM. I am thinking the blue against the tan will look good but we shall see. If it looks and feels as cheap to me as the mulberry and evergreen did to you I will be returning as well. I'll try to snap a pic of it and post on here tomorrow.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
I’ve seen a couple videos on YouTube. These things are not going to age well. Even a fingernail screws it up.

Reactions: StudioMacs

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I've a visual person and couldn't decide. I ordered everything listed with the plan to pick a set and return the others. I've always used the Apple Silicone Cases. Just thought maybe i'd like something new.

iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Case - Evergreen
iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Wallet - Evergreen
iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Case - Pacific Blue
iPhone 15 Pro FineWoven Wallet - Pacific Blue
iPhone 15 Pro Silicone Case - Cypress
iPhone 15 Pro Silicone Case - Storm Blue
You don't feel the least bit bad about buying six products intending to return 66% of them?

Reactions: Mrs. Jobs and J Ham

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Got mine today in Evergreen and out of the box it already had lint on it which can be a bit challenging to remove because of the finewoven material. It's going to be interesting to see how well these hold up. I will say however, the wallet (which I also purchased) seems to have a stronger magnet compared to my apple leather wallet.

• Sad
Reactions: 5105973

newb-sasquatch

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Alabama
"Made with 68% recycled material...." You know back in the R&D phase there was some perve engineer trying to add just a bit more material to the prototypes and somebody had to say stop. 😂🤣😂

Reactions: Mrs. Jobs

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Lint, indentations…I think I’ll stick to silicone if I want an Apple case. I’ve had Google Pixel fabric cases and those held up for me really well and were washable. Mine are about 5-6 years old now and still look new. I was hoping Apple would make something like that. I’m disappointed because I was definitely open to the idea of this kind of case.

Strangerjames

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
That material looks horrible.
I'd take the pleather in my subaru seats over the finewoven. Actually, startex cases would be kind of cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.