Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supermunki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
New Zealand
Yes well..

We in New Zealand are the first to get the iPhone. In fact we've had it for a whole awesome 12 MINUTES! (And wow has it been a blast lol :p). So it was my assumption that the firmware would release with the first iPhone release in the world.. eg now. But i guess not.
:apple:

terrrrrible

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2007
...the new phones weren't released with the 2.0 firmware?

oh nevermind, i thought you might have gotten a 3G phone.

Gyser

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
That's a point, weren't all iPhone 3G's meant to be preloaded with 2.0?

Suspended
Jun 16, 2008
1 day of waiting, already downloaded the apps I wanted.
There are some pretty crackin' (free) apps.

Supermunki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
New Zealand
Well I hope that's not the case as I was looking forwards to trying my shiny new copy of Super Monkey Ball and Jared. Nothing can beat the butcher of song!

Supermunki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
New Zealand
I'm just curious because if an unreleased version of Firmware v2.0 were to ,Ahem, 'Fall' onto my computer, I'd hope it is the final version so that I can be sure of stability and the like. Also it would kind of suck if I bricked my iPod.

Shasterball

Suspended
Oct 19, 2007
I'm just curious because if an unreleased version of Firmware v2.0 were to ,Ahem, 'Fall' onto my computer, I'd hope it is the final version so that I can be sure of stability and the like. Also it would kind of suck if I bricked my iPod.

Well, then just wait the few hours!

Supermunki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
New Zealand
Well i would wait those few hours Shasterball, but impatience is like a disease that eats away at a mans sanity. I don't think I could bear it and neither could my sanity... :D lol

Shasterball

Suspended
Oct 19, 2007
Well i would wait those few hours Shasterball, but impatience is like a disease that eats away at a mans sanity. I don't think I could bear it and neither could my sanity... :D lol

Haha. Well, since you will obviously be one of the first to get it, let us know how some of the free apps work.

Supermunki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
New Zealand
THANKYOU!
My torre... Well it was gonna take a while anyways.
Big question though.. All of my firmwares in my ~/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates folder are preceded by iPod, not iPhone. Is this cause to be concerned? Or are the firmwares identical regardless of the prefix?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.