Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

primalman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
at the end of the hall
Seems weird not to have a picture of the iPhone on the front of the box, like previous models.

Not sure if the unboxing is done on the iPhone for development purposes.

Apple has a process in the design of the packaging in which high quality prototypes are made - lots and lots of iterations - and they are handled and put through the paces of what consumers will do with them over and over and over. Cool job I think.

MattKavs

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
The box has a slight indentation resembling an iPhone. I find it elegant and suiting to the iPhone, at least moreso than a picture.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
So they need to dig a hole in the box for the protruding camera...:eek:
Yes, I like that too.

----------

Am I the only one shocked by the new power plug?
I'm always afraid I'll be electrocuted when I use one of those UK plugs. Thankfully, most of the outlets I encountered had a switch right on the outlet.

Those giant plugs do seem like a relic of the past.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Wasn't that the "likely fake" box insert that was reported on a few weeks ago?

https://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/25/iPhone-6-fake-insert-surfaces

atuzasej.jpg

a2e9u2up.jpg

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Yes, I like that too.

----------

I'm always afraid I'll be electrocuted when I use one of those UK plugs. Thankfully, most of the outlets I encountered had a switch right on the outlet.

What, and your US plugs with their tiny wobbly breakable blade key prongs and no earth never mind outlet switches, are so much more reassuring?! ;)

The only annoying "relic" aspect of the UK 3-pronger is how bulky it is when carrying it in a bag. Was hoping Apple would license or buy this very elegant solution...

http://www.themu.co.uk/pages/mu-classic

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
What, and your US plugs with their tiny wobbly breakable blade key prongs and no earth never mind outlet switches, are so much more reassuring?! ;)

The only annoying "relic" aspect of the UK 3-pronger is how bulky it is when carrying it in a bag. Was hoping Apple would license or buy this very elegant solution...

http://www.themu.co.uk/pages/mu-classic

Actually I was thinking more of the elegant looking plugs they use in Switzerland.

But the UK has the opportunity to leapfrog the rest of us by adopting wireless transmission of power.

With its limited land mass, the transition to a power system of the future would be easier than most (especially if Scotland is out of the picture).

Dephanix

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Yes, I like that too.

----------

That's the price you pay for having the safest plug system in the world.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I know it's just a box in the end, but that looks one of the worst Apple packaging they've ever done. This isn't simplicity, it's just lazy design and saving the tiniest of costs. With this box, Apple can now use the same box for all color options. It also doesn't say if it's the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus on front (yes I know it says on the back sticker), but it'll be confusing for some people nonetheless.

Personally, my favorite box was the iPhone 5:
iphone_5_box-580x313.jpeg

the iPhone 5c packaging isn't too bad either:
iphone5c_inthebox.jpg

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I'm in the UK and I've always had a SIM tray paperclip thingy: iPhone 3G on contract, iPhone 4 on contract, iPhone 5 unlocked from Apple.

fallenjt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2013
Space Gray looks sexy as always. Final product looks beautiful. It's funny that after pre-order, no one complained about antenna bands or protrude camera anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.