Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Still on firmware 4.1 on the iPhone4 and untethered jailbroken with limera1n. My battery life is great and everything feels just as smooth & quick as a non-jailbroken iPhone.

I also have Winterboard loaded. If it does eat battery life, then it has never been noticeably to me.

Personally I would never even attempt a tethered jailbreak, which is why I will probably never update until there is a confirmed untethered version available.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Still on firmware 4.1 on the iPhone4 and untethered jailbroken with limera1n. My battery life is great and everything feels just as smooth & quick as a non-jailbroken iPhone.

I also have Winterboard loaded. If it does eat battery life, then it has never been noticeably to me.

Personally I would never even attempt a tethered jailbreak, which is why I will probably never update until there is a confirmed untethered version available.

I had 4.1 jailbroken with limera1n too. Never had a hit on battery life with Winterboard and SBSettings.
I found the culprit, it was an addon for LockInfo that was draining the battery (Lock Weather). I have switched to the "Weather Plugin" and the battery is now fine.
I have another question. The SBSettings "RemoveBG" shuts down all background apps when activated from SBSettings. When I use Activator to use it, it says "Disabled" and doesn't do anything. What's going on?

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
WinterBoard I have on mine
SBSettings + Activator I have on mine
LockInfo I have on mine
MobileNotifier
5-Icon Dock
InfiniFolders
VoiceActivator

I've got those three, Springtomize, ClockHide, biteSMS, AskToSend, Dim Delay, FolderEnhancer, Infinidock, Popup Blocker, Quick Dismiss, RemindMeLater, StartDial, 5row Keyboard, Pre Green Dialer, PrincipiumHD beta 1 (for bite), HD Different Bubbles SMS, EntriegeKiller, iPhone 4 tap, No Background Gradient, Disable Multitasking, my own custom icons in a theme, custom status bar icons in a theme, and today, with a few texts and reminders, I was at 100% at the start of the day and 93% by 4pm. Now I'm at 87%. I never get down to below 50%, even with lots of calls. I don't play games, and I don't social network. If I spend a lot of time on Cydia, and DL 3-4 things, it might go down 7-10%. I charge nightly. i4 running 4.2.1, greenpoison. I also use SBSetting to disable any app beside Phone I see running when I'm not using it thru Processes. I had no major issues with either my 3GS or my 3G. Yes, the phone runs slightly slower in certain areas sometimes, but I can live with 5-7% less given I have the GUI and the tweaks I want.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
With the iPhone 3G I hated the jailbreak. It just didn't have the horsepower to run it properly. Apple knew this and the people who JB now will admit that it was pretty bad on the first two iPhones but back then they were die hard about it.

The current phone works great on a JB and I have to admit it'll suck not having these features if a JB ever goes away. That's one concern I have.

Many items I use should be a default feature in iOS: 5 icon dock, 5x4 or 5x5 icon pages, gridlock (put an icon or folder anywhere I want), multifl0w (expose for the iphone), SBSettings, Activator, biteSMS (reply to a text without the excess BS), Lock Info (how much simpler can you get?)

HONESTLY, those things should be in iOS5. I probably missed some but it REALLY seems like a given that these options be there. Hell, every major update to iOS chips away a little at the reason to JB.

Last edited:

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Prodo:

Sorry you are having the issues you are having. I'm beginning to think you are just cursed and should sell your iPhone. My iPhone 4 has been jailbroken since the first available JB, and I've had no problems. I am however standing pat on 4.1 until a good 4.3 jb is released.

Enjoy your Droid!

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
sounds like "user error"

Its not user error. It's the fact that 4.3 is not yet a stable jailbreak. You can run all of those packaged the OP listed fine on 4.2.1.

OP, once the jailbreak for 4.3 is publicly released, you will have no trouble.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
OK. Then please tell me HOW TO FIX THIS: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1123071/
I can't back up my data for when the official jailbreak comes out.

Well heres your first problem lol "I have a jailbroken iPhone 4, iOS 4.3 w/ Sn0wbreeze, Tethered via iBooty."
iBooty? Come on man.

I think your best bet is to uninstall all of the packages that you have downloaded so far and then try to get itunes to recognize it.

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
I really don't know how the OP managed to find issues with the recent jailbreak.

I have a 32GB Iphone 4 on Snowbreaze 4.3 jailbreak and I have never had it shutdown/reboot yet except when a cydia install asked me to do this.

I have been using it since it came out and so far so good. Plenty works too, to the op did you install the mobilesubstrate.deb file from saurik debs online as I did this originally and never experienced issues.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
why people go to tethered jailbreak is beyond me... also why people like to upgrade just because there is one... also puzzles me..

remove background - is one thing every jailbroken phone should have.

And when you jailbreak you have to be prepared that sometimes there will be conflicts and you would need to restore. So if you do not sync/backup everyday this is soooo not for you, coz then you would be back here bitching about losing your files etc etc...

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
You people aren't listening to me. All the issues have been fixed. Also, I never made the deision; I gave it one last chance. The JB is now perfect, no thanks to you.

Mess

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
You got balls mate jailbreaking 4.3 at the mo. I have to say from my poi t of view a tethered break is for those who NEED the jb. I wouldnt bother until the untethered is out. 4.3 is buggy anyways and your battery life more than likely, will be related to the issues alot of other people, including myself, are having.

Best thing to do for now would be to restore to 4.3 standard. Wait for the .1 release and the untether.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Actually, tethered jailbreak isn't as bad as it turned out to be. Now thanks to the amazing battery life that I got back, it performs exactly like an untethered, with no reason to shut down or reboot.
Also, the beta versions are REALLY stable. Totally worth jailbreaking 4.3. You get the multitouch gestures, Home Sharing, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.