Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OfficialForecastBar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2016
Powered by Forecast.io, Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar or as a full dock app. iCloud Sync keeps your locations and settings in sync across your devices. Forecast Bar for Mac has been featured by Apple, Lifehacker, and Macworld (for Mac and iOS) and consistently receives high reviews from our users.

Get it now in the Mac App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forecast-bar-weather-powered/id982710545?mt=12

sd5TYoP.jpg

TL8fF1X.jpg

tA6xg2s.jpg

Opening Forecast Bar displays a gorgeous, simple, resizable panel full of relevant weather information, including:
  • Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity
  • A succinct description of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
    • Available in over 20 languages,
  • Animated charts showing temperature and rain forecasts for the next 8 hours
  • When rain is detected in the next hour, an animated chart showing rain intensity (Where available)
  • 5 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
    • See a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart.
  • Interactive, animated radar/satellite/advisory map, powered by Aeris (US, Canada & Australia)
  • Stunning animated icons for each weather condition (two additional icon packs included)
  • A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions
  • NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
  • Beautiful animated radar powered by Aeris
  • Fully customize what shows in your menu bar or dock
  • Support for Time Machine to check the current weather conditions +/-70 years
  • Keyboard shortcuts for easy access to the app and locations
  • Full support for light and dark menu bar and dock modes
  • Today Center Widget
Get it now in the Mac App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forecast-bar-weather-powered/id982710545?mt=12

We would greatly appreciate hearing your feedback and any thoughts you have on the app! You can also learn more about Forecast Bar for iPhone and iPad and Forecast Bar for Apple TV at our website: http://forecastbar.com

• Haha
Reactions: GlenK

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Please explain what the background updates for one year is all about since you're charging $3.99 for the updates in addition to $3.99 for the app? Does the app work as it's supposed to without the background updates?

Reactions: AleRod

OfficialForecastBar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2016
Please explain what the background updates for one year is all about since you're charging $3.99 for the updates in addition to $3.99 for the app? Does the app work as it's supposed to without the background updates?

The Mac app doesn't require any extra purchases for background updates, so I think you may be asking about the iPhone version. For iPhone, background updates are only required for the Apple Watch if you want it to continuously update throughout the day. The rest of the does not require background updates at all to get you full functionality. We are required to charge for background updates since we are powered by forecast.io, which charges us for every weather request.

Let me know if I can help with anything else, and thanks for your post!

Reactions: AleRod

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
The Mac app doesn't require any extra purchases for background updates, so I think you may be asking about the iPhone version. For iPhone, background updates are only required for the Apple Watch if you want it to continuously update throughout the day. The rest of the does not require background updates at all to get you full functionality. We are required to charge for background updates since we are powered by forecast.io, which charges us for every weather request.

Let me know if I can help with anything else, and thanks for your post!

Hey... thanks for the info. And yes, I was referring to the iPhone app. I do not own an Apple watch. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.