Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tracymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I found an Ipad after my flight from to NJ the other day. I was on a Continental plane. A coworker sent me to this site and I joined to see if you guys could give me the best advice to get it back to the owner. I was going to go to an apple store but he said that they would appear to be helpful but the staff would probably just keep it and resell it on craigs list.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
A forum member has been frantically looking for his iPad after leaving it on a flight...

I'll have a quick look through for the thread, but I'm sure he'd be over the moon!

fandsw

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Helena, AL
I hope the OP is for real and not just trying to play games with the guy who left his ipad on his Continental flight....if true, this would be too cool! :cool:

d00m42

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
Miami, FL
I hope the OP is for real and not just trying to play games with the guy who left his ipad on his Continental flight....if true, this would be too cool! :cool:

The odds that this guy is telling the truth, and they were on the same flight (of thousands) in a single day are extremely low. It would be pretty awesome if it was true, though.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Pffttt, sounds like bulls**t to me. Someones idea of funny if you ask me.
If true, then great, but I doubt it.

Edit: It wouldn't have taken a genius to see the thread *right at the top of the page* before making this thread.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
I found an Ipad after my flight from to NJ the other day. I was on a Continental plane. A coworker sent me to this site and I joined to see if you guys could give me the best advice to get it back to the owner. I was going to go to an apple store but he said that they would appear to be helpful but the staff would probably just keep it and resell it on craigs list.

Post a scan of your ticket stub please.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
Oh my god! Its like in LOST, crossing paths after being on the same flight! Coincidence, or fate?
If you start having flashbacks of being on an island, please let us know ok

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
boolean opStatement = false;

if(opStatement == true)
System.out.print("OP is awesome! iPad reunion on the intertubes!!!");
else
System.out.print("For shame, OP. Booooo.");

return;

Streethawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2010
Manchester, UK
People are so quick to condemn here. If i found something and posted on a suitable forum, i wouldnt hang around there waiting for replies, i'd check back that evening at best.

Optimism is so much more fun.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I think this guy left it on the plane:

Vinniefish
macrumors member

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/921318/

That OP has been a member for a while, while not a heavy poster - he seems very real.

The odds that this guy is telling the truth, and they were on the same flight (of thousands) in a single day are extremely low. It would be pretty awesome if it was true, though.

Pffttt, sounds like bulls**t to me. Someones idea of funny if you ask me.
If true, then great, but I doubt it.

Edit: It wouldn't have taken a genius to see the thread *right at the top of the page* before making this thread.

Post a scan of your ticket stub please.

Lots of haters around. While it sounds too good to be true hope vinniefish is reunited with his iPad if tracymac is for real.

Not sure if I would trust giving to airline or other airport staff if I found an expensive item like an iPad. And time is short in an airport to hunt down a local police officer and go through reports to be sure that custody of the found item is followed.

I'm really hoping the OP is genuine, a very nasty trick if not. :(

Heres hoping that there is still something nice left in humanity.... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.