Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Reuters reports that Fox Filmed Entertainment is "open to" a deal with Apple's iTunes:

"Of course, we'd be open to that. We believe it would be a great opportunity," James Gianopulos said at the Reuters Media and Advertising Summit.

Apple launched video sales with iTunes on October 12th with only 5 television shows, but with the promise of more content in the near future.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
come on Fox sort it out and get us

24 and The Simpsons

new series of 24 starts in Jan - would be great to have it on iTunes next day after the show

but what am i getting all worked up about i live in the Uk so :(

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Simpsons? Bleh, all the good jokes have been done! It's over a decade old!

Bring on Family Guy! :D

Oh, and War at Home is funny as hell too (I just love the inside-the-head thinking bits... hilarious!).

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
How about PBS joins and lets us buy some of Bob Ross' Joy of Painting episodes ;)

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
twoodcc said:
yeah, this would be great. fox has quite a lot of goods shows. and when are movies coming?
Once they release the iPod widescreen next year

syklee26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
I Want Jack Bauer On My Ipod!

come on Fox and Apple....let's do it!

24 is the best TV show anyway....I would buy one the day it comes out.

how was season 4 anyway? i am waiting for DVD release.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
right on!

I think Fox would be awesome and I believe 24 would be the most d-loaded show. Think of how many folks wouldn't want to wait for their VHS or PVRs if they miss an episode. clickety click..barba-trick...new episode within a few minutes.
I would be all over this in a heartbeat.
i think grey's anatomy would be huge too.

i don't own an ipod video, nor will i due to how i live (stay-at-home dad/run my own biz), but man, if i commuted or was student with tons of time in b/n classes, i'd have one :)

just a matter of time before we can buy newly released movies as downloads as well. Now, that would be awesome! I personally don't have the time to visit a theatre, but i would certainly download new ones to watch at home.

Cheers,
B

Viewtiful Rich

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2005
I love 24! Can't wait for the new season, but I'd probably never download an episode unless I missed one... which pretty much never happens.

Once they release a widescreen iPod that could change though...

It's sooo hard to remember everything that goes on in one day, but I'm pretty sure I remember saying day 4 was my second favorite, which is after the first one of course.

stelriah

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2005
SAVE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!
SAVE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!

if you like the show, buy the DVD. they might get cancelled for low ratings. it is one of the funniest shows there are.

-Bob Loblaw

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad, King of the Hill... Fox has a lot of great cartoons that are quite apetizing in small doses, perfect for the iPod. I really hope this comes through quickly. :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
We don't know what terms Apple would require for this deal. There may be more to it than Fox simply saying "ok, we'll play too".

You'd think Apple would be ready to deal, since they need more video content soon, but it could also be that Apple's terms aren't readily acceptable to Fox without a lot of negiotation, in the same way Sony has had a hard time making Apple music deals.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
physics_gopher said:
Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad, King of the Hill... Fox has a lot of great cartoons that are quite apetizing in small doses, perfect for the iPod. I really hope this comes through quickly. :D

Don't forget Futurama.... Great show. Good thing its on Adult Swim.

d.perel

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2005
physics_gopher said:
I agree. Pixar's DVD success has been attributed to the longer shelf-life of animated features, and this principle would definately carry over to sales on iTunes. If they had Family Guy, i would buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.