Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Hahaha What are you even talking about. Oh ye Iā€™ll wait for the iPhone SE instead of getting the new iPhone 14 Pro thanks for the advice. Seems like a good planā€¦ LMAO!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
The iPhone SE model will sell like hotcakes. Hopefully, we get a new re-design. I also mentioned better to wait for the new updated color of the iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max.

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018

Perhaps Tim Cook will grace us with a comment on this news? He's got to be pleased that the "unrest" is over and production can return to normal. :rolleyes: Foxconn is hiring replacements for those that didn't appreciate their jobs. /s

He sure didn't have much to say the last time he was asked about China, wonder why?

Last edited:

JapanApple

Suspended
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
Bad, people are being abused and apple only cares about making items? Did they talk to locate governments? this is only making people more upset seeing this. Forcing people to go back to work has no real answer to the problem. Let's call them iPhone 15BLOOD PM. this is bad!

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
This is excellent news but the holidays will be over and it is better to wait for a new iPhone SE and new color iPhone that will be coming in March.
Next iPhone SE won't be coming until March of 2024.

The iPhone SE model will sell like hotcakes. Hopefully, we get a new re-design.
New re-design? The SE has always used a prior model's body. The next SE is expected to re-use the XR body.

I just hope Apple keeps the SIM card slot in it and doesn't fill that space with a plastic spacer. If there's a SIM slot, it will be a buy for me and will serve as my new travel phone to countries that don't yet fully support eSIM.

Last edited:

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
"The local government is actively helping with the resumption."

Well, THAT'S comforting. I have every confidence that China's government has as its first and highest priority the wellbeing of their people. In fact, it's been shown that they've moved many muslims to camps for the sole purpose of being able to care for them more effectively!

Reactions: sparkinstx

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Nothing to see here. Just garden variety oppression of the Chinese people by The Party under the guide of a "medical emergency". Have you woken up from the ruling class' lies yet?
The medical emergency that the world has moved on from, and learned to live with, yet the CCP still thinks it can control the spread.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
It boggles my mind why a stand-up company like Apple, who seems to care about human rights, continues to do massive amounts of business in a country like China and with a company like Foxconn.
The logical reason is over the years this particular factory has built up the capability of producing hundreds of millions of iPhones a year. Some experience, imo, not easy to replace.
It must be a juggle to keep making massive profits at the expense of the people who build their products under such conditions.
Is it different anywhere else? And if so, how?
I wonder that, instead of abused Chinese workers it were child labor, would Apple do something?
That could happen anywhere and it has.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The capacity is now being gradually resumed with new
staff hiring under way. If the recruitment goes smoothly, it could take around three to four weeks to resume full production

Theyā€™ve got it down so that anyone off the street with no experience can assemble iPhones with a few days of training.
Put this screw in that hole and tighten. Put this screw in that hole & tighten. Put this screw in that hole andā€¦

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
Just in time for the Chinese New Year disruption.
Thatā€™s what I was thinking as well and they miss the holiday sales here. No wonder Apple is looking for manufacturing outside China.

Hopefully the Chinese people are successful in forcing change from their government, though realistically they probably wonā€™t šŸ™

Reactions: SnappleRumors

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Hopefully the Chinese people are successful in forcing change from their government, though realistically they probably wonā€™t šŸ™

I have strong opinions on the despots running Russia and China but probably should just leave it as saying I agree with you - but remain mildly optimistic.

Reactions: _Spinn_ and GuruZac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.