Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doodads

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
East BF, TN
Earlier today, on macrumors.com/iphone, I saw a new App under "new Apps" for a television guide. So, I went to the App store in iTunes and searched for "tv guide" and several Apps came up - and all cost money. BUT, in the comments section on one of the Apps, someone referred us to a free tv guide, designed specifically for the iPhone. ON YOUR IPHONE, go to iphone.television.aol.com, and you will find an EXCELLENT television guide, designed specifically for the iPhone. Just save the webpage link into your favorites or onto your Home screen. :)

Check out the icon that it adds to your Home Screen for you:

It didn't add an icon to my home screen.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
Thanks! I'd never waste my money on an app that does this, but it is fairly useful to get for free. The AOL one is very good in my area.

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
It didn't add an icon to my home screen.

Click on the plus sign at the bottom of the Safari page, and
then click on "Add to Home Screen" and it will appear.

Attachments

• home_page.JPG
    home_page.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 52

iSimon

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Glasgow
Here's hoping Sky release their Sky+ remote record program. Had it on my N95 and it's one of a couple of things I miss since getting the iPhone.
Just FYI TV Plus has just been released on the App Store and it includes support for Sky+ Remote Record. I've been missing this functionality ever since I got an iPhone so it's great to finally have it. £2.99 but well worth it so far I think - interface is very slick and the remote record is very neatly incorporated. And no I'm not the developer but I'm just a bit giddy with excitement at the prospect of this functionality. :)

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
iTV

is also FREE and is a heck of a lot faster then AOL it also shows you movies and both movies and TV shows has Trailers available for most of the shows. It is customizable...only screen channels you are interested in. Searches for Genres or favorite Actors. Lists local theaters. This app is far better then any web app out there and did I say its STILL FREE. 4.5 stars with over 700 reviews.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290338603&mt=8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.