Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cutter74

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
After updating to iPadOS 15, the frequently visited sites are missing from my iPads. My Mac and iPhone don't exhibit this behaviour but on both my iPads, I can't make them to appear no matter what.

Obviously the slider for the Frequently Visited and set to On, I've tried turning the slider off and on again, closed safari, rebooted device but still nothing. Any ideas?

Last edited:

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
I've got the same thing happening on my iPhone 12 Pro. Frequently visited worked fine under iOS 15 across all the beta versions on my XS, which I had traded in for a 12 Pro when I switched to Verizon. I set the 12 up fresh, no restore from backup and installed the beta profile to get back onto 15 and Frequently Visited sites haven't shown up since. That was over a month ago. Still haven't figured out why.

Reactions: blueeyes2die4

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I've got the same thing happening on my iPhone 12 Pro. Frequently visited worked fine under iOS 15 across all the beta versions on my XS, which I had traded in for a 12 Pro when I switched to Verizon. I set the 12 up fresh, no restore from backup and installed the beta profile to get back onto 15 and Frequently Visited sites haven't shown up since. That was over a month ago. Still haven't figured out why.
I believe frequent sites aren't synced to iCloud. If you get a new iPhone you might have to wait a while before it populates again.

cutter74

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I believe frequent sites aren't synced to iCloud. If you get a new iPhone you might have to wait a while before it populates again.
That's not the issue, at least in my case. One of my iPads is a 2nd gen 12.9 Pro; worked fine before the upgrade.

The other iPad is indeed new, but still, it's now been more than a week that I set it up, if any syncing was supposed to take place, it should have happened by now.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Both my iPad Pro and my iphone 13 Pro Max, which are on 15.0.2, have frequently visited sites enabled in the menu however only one site appears on my ipad, always the same one. Seems like there should be more or is it limited to displaying just one site? On my phone no frequently visited appears at all. Both devices are on 15.0.2. I believe when I first got my phone and when my ipad was initially updated to ios 15 both devices showed frequently visited sites.

Other Safari/iCloud functions - open tabs, history, etc. - seem to be working properly between devices so I am reluctant to try anything drastic just for this issue.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Just got off the phone with Apple support; they mentioned that they are aware of the issue and working on a fix for one of the next updates. I asked for a more concrete timeframe but they couldn't / wouldn't provide me with one.
It’s amazing that they admitted to the issue at all. Normally these sporadic problems that affect some but not others are just referred to as “we haven’t seen any other reports of this”.

xealo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
Happening to me as well. It was available on the previous version of iOS 15, but once I updated, it disappeared.

Reactions: Javabird

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Has this feature ever worked correctly for you? For me it has always displayed a list of seemingly arbitrary sites, including sites I don't visit frequently. And then the list seems to remain the same forever.

Reactions: papbot

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Gone for me, too
BB92415F-E1C5-4D85-A626-6D352965C14D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Taz Mangus

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
No change for me either with frequent sites. I suspect signing out of iCloud on my devices might get this kickstarted again but I don’t think it‘s worth doing since it might not even work anyway.

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames

witchkitten

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2009
My Frequently Visited sites disappeared from Safari on my iPhone today. I’ve tried quitting Safari and restarting the phone but they won’t come back. The slider for Frequently Visited sites is toggled on every time I check.

Also, the edit button that allows me to select what I want to see on the home page has been disappearing and reappearing randomly throughout the day. I upgraded to iOS15 a couple weeks ago but the frequently visited sites didn’t disappear until today. I haven’t been happy with this upgrade. The only reason I did it was so I could use all of the features on my new AirPods 3.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Well I see behaving Safari like this for some time already. Currently running the iOS 15.3 beta 1. Can't pinpoint the exact date. But I have reported it through the Feedback app and we'll see when the fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.