Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
In times of the WebKit bug/security issue I do believe, that it is a thing ;-)

Just think about the bug a few weeks/months ago where all closed tabs (from several months ago) just came back...

Apple = the privacy company.... NOT!

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013
Have a new macbook, iphone and ipad. Zero frequently visiyed pages. I think it came with the new software.
i have it enabled, but not working.
66A16AF9-AD52-432A-BF69-E38876333CD8.jpeg

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I just started to have this problem recently. I don't know if it had to do with installed iPad OS 15.3 or not.

Has anyone tried to delete Safari reboot and reinstall it from the App Store?

Mike
You can't delete Safari off the phone. I just tried and it would only remove it from the home screen.

Reactions: MikeMcCollister

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
The Safari and WebKit team are soliciting feedback on Twitter regarding bugs in Safari. Someone who has a Twitter account (I don’t) should Tweet about the disappearing frequently visited sites.
I posted to a Jen Simmons on Twitter. I also have access to the Apple beta discussion forums but so few there have mentioned any such problem that I’m assuming not enough are affected to get much attention at this point.

Reactions: AppleChainLink

AppleChainLink

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2021
I posted to a Jen Simmons on Twitter. I also have access to the Apple beta discussion forums but so few there have mentioned any such problem that I’m assuming not enough are affected to get much attention at this point.
Super strange. I've had this problem all throughout iOS 15. It makes using Safari much more of a pain. But this would make sense for why it hasn't been fixed yet. I wonder what is causing the issue. I have two iPhones on ios15 and they are both having this issue.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Having those issues since iOS 15 with all devices. Reset doesn't help. Nothing helps... Only an update from apple will solve it. But they're a too big company and not interested in.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Super strange. I've had this problem all throughout iOS 15. It makes using Safari much more of a pain. But this would make sense for why it hasn't been fixed yet. I wonder what is causing the issue. I have two iPhones on ios15 and they are both having this issue.
When iOS 15 was first released I still had frequent sites appearing on my devices. I think it then disappeared from the phone after the next release but remained on my iPad Pro in a strange way. It only showed one frequent site, no others. It remained that way through a couple other releases, always showing the same site and no others. And then after a subsequent release it disappeared completely.

LarsN.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2017
Gone for me as well somewhere early in Beta 1. Haven’t opened a Ticket because Apple isn’t known for resolving such minor issues

AppleChainLink

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2021
Workaround is just to add your frequently visited to favorites manually, which will show the tiles for quick access.

paysdoufs

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
This is still not fully resolved, correct?

I've got an iPhone and an iPad (both elderly) on iOS 15.3 and while playing with the toggles on the iPhone somehow brought the “Frequently Visited” list back there, it did nothing on the iPad…

BTW: The toggles on both devices move completely in sync (i.e., changing the settings on one device also changes them on the other) - but I guess this is to be expected with the “stock” iCloud-based Safari sync settings (?)

Last edited:

coolaaron88

macrumors regular
May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is still not fully resolved, correct?

I've got an iPhone and an iPad (both elderly) on iOS 15.3 and while playing with the toggles on the iPhone somehow brought the “Frequently Visited” list back there, it did nothing on the iPhone…

BTW: The toggles on both devices move completely in sync (i.e., changing the settings on one device also changes them on the other) - but I guess this is to be expected with the “stock” iCloud-based Safari sync settings (?)
This is fully not resolved as this point sadly

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
It seems all the people experiencing this are right here in this thread:) Everywhere else I post I get someone trying to be helpful instructing me to toggle on the setting on the start page. I tell them that’s already been done and I get a “sorry works for me”. I have to assume that very few are running into this and Apple has bigger issues to deal with.

witchkitten

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2009
There are multiple threads about this on the Apple Discussion forums (or whatever it’s called these days) and at least one thread on Reddit so there are other people experiencing it. Not a huge number but enough that it’s on multiple Apple forums, which means there are a whole host of users who are experiencing it but not posting online. Apple is definitely aware of the issue, which people have been experiencing since the beta version of iOS 15, and it should have been fixed by now. I’ve actually never had an issue with an iOS upgrade until this one, so I know Apple can do better. I still miss my frequently used websites every day.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I see the various threads but in total the number must be small enough that it doesn’t warrant a lot of immediate attention. Even here there just aren’t that many posts from different users. Not like a major feature would get. I’ve seen similar issues go well into the next major OS for a resolution. I expect the same here. iOS 16.1 or later is just my guess.

cutter74

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I am starting thinking about the idea of setting up my iPad again as new. I think this has the best chance of resolving it. If Apple were going to deal with this, they would have done so by now. How disappointing…

LarsN.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2017
I am starting thinking about the idea of setting up my iPad again as new. I think this has the best chance of resolving it. If Apple were going to deal with this, they would have done so by now. How disappointing…
I can understand why you are thinking that way, but this issue isn’t old and important enough to have a fix already. Setting up as new is always last resort for me and therefore I would suggest to wait at least for final release.

AppleChainLink

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2021
I’ve done this a few times with various devices to no avail.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Is there anyone who has managed to solve this problem?
There have been so many posts with multiple tactics that people have used to no avail. I don’t expect to see this resolved until sometime in ios 16. On other forums for almost every response I’ve gotten from someone else who is experiencing this issue I get 2 responses from those who are not. I just don’t know how widespread this is but for those of us who do have this issue it is definitely annoying.

Reactions: paysdoufs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.