Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
The problem with a true dark mode (true as in real blacks so it actually has a real power saving mode) is the fact that it‘ll look like someone smeared vaseline on your eyes the second the content on your screen is in motion. Go into any app with true black dark mode and scroll (e.g. Apollo reddit app), it‘s really annoying.

Whathappened

Suspended
Mar 15, 2018
As if that's what it would take for Apple to be bothered to do it.

It's not like people's eyes get burnt up by the light-grey-on-white theme is reason enough. People have been asking for this for years and it can't possibly be that difficult to implement.
Erm you do realize that Apple isn’t quite the company that listens to their customers’ likings and wishes, do you not? :)

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Perhaps they’re not doing it as it would be a substandard user experience, as related above. Doing this for one app is a whole lot easier than system-wide.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Perhaps they’re not doing it as it would be a substandard user experience, as related above. Doing this for one app is a whole lot easier than system-wide.
How does the jailbreak tweak developers do such a good job then? I had eclipse x on my iPhone X and it was stunning.

Reactions: Breezygirl

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
How does the jailbreak tweak developers do such a good job then? I had eclipse x on my iPhone X and it was stunning.

It's stunning in some apps, but makes others almost illegible. When I use Eclipse I usually end up with it only activated in a few apps. Maybe that's the issue Apple is having...or they're just stubborn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.