Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anitramane

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2013
Not sure if I undrestood you correctly, but you can still enlarge the windows by double clicking on the title bar.

That’s still 100% more clicks, if it actually worked like the current green button.
The setting for double clicking the title bar only works like the yellow key, minimizing.

What a lame move.. I use the expand button all the time.. why not just add a 4th blue button

Because apple sees it as a traffic light :rolleyes: A blue button would be perfect seeing as how apple is adding so much contrast and colour to everything.

Anitramane

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2013
Apps go fullscreen on clicking the green button. If you hold down option, it will do the old maximize behavior.

I can manage with that. Having 4 buttons would be great though. Seeing as how apple still has this feature it should have it’s own button.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
I can manage with that. Having 4 buttons would be great though. Seeing as how apple still has this feature it should have it’s own button.

they're not going to add a 4th button up there.. the is signature apple and one of the most identifiable things about an os x application.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Red, yellow, green and pointy gray arrows. Keep in mind green key and pointy gray arrows have been fused together now as stated earlier.

in that case, apple has hundreds of buttons.

I was more responding to the idea of a red,yellow,green & blue button layout at the top left of a window.. and was just saying that is not going to happen regardless of how much sense it may make to someone..

(or, I highly highly doubt it would happen)

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Have you tried the snap window feature with better touch tools? I agree that a snap windows feature makes things so much better and better touch tools has worked well for me.

BTT and their windows snapping stopped working for me as soon as I upgraded to Yosemite. Reinstalling doesn't fix it.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the old expand functionality is still there although activated differently now. If you're in your desktop (not full screen mode) double tap/click on the top bar of the app (e.g. Safari, above the address bar) it will expand just like the old green expand button used to.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Apps go fullscreen on clicking the green button. If you hold down option, it will do the old maximize behavior.

Ahhh thanks for the tip. I really don't like clickin on the plus now takes into full screen mode. Glad there's an option for the old behavior.

smizzle

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm curious, how does the new button work with apps that don't have fullscreen support built in, like Photoshop? Previously, if the app didn't support fullscreen the button didn't show up. Now that it's replaced by the green button, do all apps have forced fullscreen functionality? Thanks!

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I'm curious, how does the new button work with apps that don't have fullscreen support built in, like Photoshop? Previously, if the app didn't support fullscreen the button didn't show up. Now that it's replaced by the green button, do all apps have forced fullscreen functionality? Thanks!

I think it will just maximise the window.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA

The button works just like it used to if the app does not support full screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.