Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Starting to think the Apple web picture is just advertising and somehow that full screen was just an oversight.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I have unlimited data on my iPhone 5. I have a mini. It has a data package for those few times I have needed it. But at $20/mo it's definitely more of a donation to VZN each month for the amount of data I use. So does this mean I can use my phone's hotspot for FREE? I have always thought turning on hotspot on my phone required an additonal charge. (I could be wrong....) I also have an iPad 2 .. that could be a $40 a month savings.

I'm pretty sure Verizon charges you extra for hotspotting with an unlimited data plan. You'd have to switch to a More Everything to get free hotspotting that pulls from the data bucket.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Starting to think the Apple web picture is just advertising and somehow that full screen was just an oversight.

I believe that the Apple pictures are from a slightly different (newer?) build; there are also subtle changes between Apple's 10.10 pictures and DP1 (such as the Finder icon).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.