Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Sure

cd4a8b7178d878169bbc05c127366dd1.jpg

20ebad4fc391a30688a18a8f85da7608.jpg

c7c51f0e63ee6cfb1b4aa3b95e163bdf.jpg

b365ad1fec0cbfb387d02750050075a2.jpg
Lovely. I have the white MK (love it and it stays clean so far) I received my (Tiffany) blue Dbrand skin a while ago but I haven’t applied them to my keyboard yet. For a minute I wasn’t sure if I would keep the iPad but I decided to stick with it. Note I’m just nervous to install mine. Did you use the hair dryer method? By chance do you know if the skin won’t hurt the outer material of the keyboard? Where did you order your skins from?

@LFC2020 I hope to soon find the courage to apply the darn skins. You wanted pictures but alas I just haven’t applied them. ?

• Haha
Reactions: LFC2020

gohoomoa

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Lovely. I have the white MK (love it and it stays clean so far) I received my (Tiffany) blue Dbrand skin a while ago but I haven’t applied them to my keyboard yet. For a minute I wasn’t sure if I would keep the iPad but I decided to stick with it. Note I’m just nervous to install mine. Did you use the hair dryer method? By chance do you know if the skin won’t hurt the outer material of the keyboard? Where did you order your skins from?

@LFC2020 I hope to soon find the courage to apply the darn skins. You wanted pictures but alas I just haven’t applied them.

Yes i did apply black carbon fiber on the ipad itself, pretty much straightforward didn’t face any difficulties, i did use hairdryer but it is definitely not necessary, i just used because i have it nearby, mine was from sopiguard. I did like dbrand better but they don’t have skin for the internal part of the keyboard.
For the removal of the skin I haven’t tried it however i have seen alot of people indicating there is no harm found

• Love
Reactions: Bea220

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Get one of them phone shops to apply it for you for a small fee. ?
I actually did scope out the kiosk’s at the mall but this was before June 15th and we reopened here is SoCal and there weren’t many vendors. I’ll go back and check it out. I don’t mind paying a small fee if it means a good install. Great advice, thank you!

Reactions: LFC2020

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Are you folks putting on extra skins due to the material of the MKB and smart folios not standing up to the test of time otherwise or just for personalisation purposes? I can’t imagine a plastic foil layer feeling nice in the hand though.

Last edited:

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Are you folks putting on extra skins due to the material of the MKB and smart folios not standing up to the test of time otherwise or just for personalisation purposes? I can’t imagine a plastic foil layer feeling nice in the und though.
I put a skin on the 'bottom' of the MKB, as it's the surface that is in contact most with various surfaces. I also like to 'sticker bomb' my stuff over time. For those who I pass on my accessories that aren't always fans of my sticker choices. This makes it easy for them, as they can just pull the skin off and have a pristine MKB if they want.

I usually don't put the skin on the Apple logo side though, as it has less contact.

51270228452_21ed9e7f8f.jpg

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Are you folks putting on extra skins due to the material of the MKB and smart folios not standing up to the test of time otherwise or just for personalisation purposes? I can’t imagine a plastic foil layer feeling nice in the und though.
Two reasons I added a skin to my SKF: easier to keep clean, and to avoid abrasion to the surfaces. Feels great to not have to baby the case or be concerned about the surface I put it on.

Reactions: Bea220

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Two reasons I added a skin to my SKF: easier to keep clean, and to avoid abrasion to the surfaces. Feels great to not have to baby the case or be concerned about the surface I put it on.

For the same quality issues with the material of the keyboard ( they don’t even call it a case) I might take a look at the new Brydge keyboard the next time around.

Given what Apple charges the durability doesn’t seem to be there compared to MacBooks, especially if the device is used often and moved around (without skins).

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
For the same quality issues with the material of the keyboard ( they don’t even call it a case) I might take a look at the new Brydge keyboard the next time around.

Given what Apple charges the durability doesn’t seem to be there compared to MacBooks, especially if the device is used often and moved around (without skins).
I enjoyed my Brydge keyboard. I unfortunately got the early 2019 ones, before they mentioned they were considering trackpad support. There wasn't any discussion about trading the early one's towards the newer ones, which killed my enthusiasm after that. On top of the early trackpad issues, a question about getting replacement back ( they didn't offer it ) pieces I personally haven't looked at them since.

That keyboard has become an interesting aluminum paper weight, that has no use for anyone.

I do heartily recommend for the build quality. Some people didn't care for the keyboard, but I had no issues with it & enjoyed it.

Just be aware if you're someone that has ever complained about the iPad's weight, you'll be complaining more as it doubles the weight if not a little more.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020

The Brydge keyboards look nice, but I’d never use anything that didn’t have a smart connector. I also like having the SKF covered under my iPad’s AC+.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.