Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhudak

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2022
Doing this requires an interposer board, to allow 744x series CPUs to be installed in place of 745x. I tried making one, but it didn't work. You also lose L3 cache completely. Best thing to do is just stick to a 7457 at 1.5 GHz or so, and upgrade the L3 cache to 2MB if necessary.

Doing this requires an interposer board, to allow 744x series CPUs to be installed in place of 745x. I tried making one, but it didn't work. You also lose L3 cache completely. Best thing to do is just stick to a 7457 at 1.5 GHz or so, and upgrade the L3 cache to 2MB if necessary.

mhudak

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2022
So you recommend trying to OC the 1.25ghz 7455 or installing the 7457 plus 2mb of L3 cache?

JoyBed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Mate, great videos, great work all round. I envy your skill.
Do you know of anyone who is willing and able to perform a dual 1.25ghz to 2ghz conversion for an MDD?
Well I can do an upgrade to dual 7457 and add soke switched so you. an adjust your cpu multiplier and also divider for L3 in software. If you adjust the division for the L3 caches correctly then the 7457 can do around 1,8GHz.

mhudak

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2022
Well I can do an upgrade to dual 7457 and add soke switched so you. an adjust your cpu multiplier and also divider for L3 in software. If you adjust the division for the L3 caches correctly then the 7457 can do around 1,8GHz.
Hi JoyBed, I was hoping you would be able to do a conversion like this!! Is this procedure something you still perform?

JoyBed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Hi JoyBed, I was hoping you would be able to do a conversion like this!! Is this procedure something you still perform?
Yeah sure, I still do that if you want. Sorry for the VERY late reply, I was away for quite some time.

mhudak

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2022
I will sens you a message.
Thanks mate got your message but still cant reply!! I still get the same message;

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements, such as URLs. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please email us directly at support@macrumors.com

I'll see if support can help.

JoyBed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Thanks mate got your message but still cant reply!! I still get the same message;

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements, such as URLs. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please email us directly at support@macrumors.com

I'll see if support can help.
Well, thats a BS from macrumors side but i understand their intentions. Nevermind, just tell me what upgrade you want from me.

mhudak

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2022
Yep still locked out of any private conversations...

Anyway, I am hoping for a MDD 1.25ghz dual to a dual 1.8+ghz setup with upgraded L3 cache mod?

Also, I noticed in an earlier post that your were chasing a 7800GS card to try out? I happen to have a spare one that I am happy to flash for you. It's yours if you want/need it, no charge mate. I'm just happy there's someone like you with the skill to hopefully do a conversion like this.

JoyBed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Yep still locked out of any private conversations...

Anyway, I am hoping for a MDD 1.25ghz dual to a dual 1.8+ghz setup with upgraded L3 cache mod?

Also, I noticed in an earlier post that your were chasing a 7800GS card to try out? I happen to have a spare one that I am happy to flash for you. It's yours if you want/need it, no charge mate. I'm just happy there's someone like you with the skill to hopefully do a conversion like this.
No problem doing ANY conversion but money is always a hurdle. Many people texted me and then just backed out when they found out the prices. And I must say that i charge almost NOTHING for the work and labour, almost whole price for conversion from me is composed from the prices of parts used(processors, cache chips etc…). If your PMs are working normaly now then leave me a message.

mhudak

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2022
No problem doing ANY conversion but money is always a hurdle. Many people texted me and then just backed out when they found out the prices. And I must say that i charge almost NOTHING for the work and labour, almost whole price for conversion from me is composed from the prices of parts used(processors, cache chips etc…). If your PMs are working normaly now then leave me a message.
Yeah private messaging finally working; message sent.

Reactions: JoyBed

indibil

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2022
Spain
48adapter.jpg
Hello, I write from Spain. I am looking for where I can buy adapter boards to mount 744X chips on boards for 745X processors. I have a Quicksilver at 800 MHz without L3 cache and it might be interesting to install a 7447 at 1.67GHz that I recently bought.

Thanks.

JoyBed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Hello, I write from Spain. I am looking for where I can buy adapter boards to mount 744X chips on boards for 745X processors. I have a Quicksilver at 800 MHz without L3 cache and it might be interesting to install a 7447 at 1.67GHz that I recently bought.

Thanks.
So your cpu card has a 7X4X or 7X5X type of cpu?

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Feb 16, 2012
Do 7448 chips have ANY usability?

I picked a bunch up a few years ago in the hopes that someone would be able to someday upgrade my Macs
Yeah... Any machine that used a 744x CPU of any kind from the factory can be upgraded to a 7448, just with a VCORE voltage change, a small BootROM modification, and setting the PLL configuration resistors for your desired clock speed.

indibil

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2022
Spain
Than a L3 cache chip can be added and a 7457 chip installed. Better than plain 7447.
I don't have this L3 cache chips and don't have the small capacitor-resistor-regulator needed (and don't have the schematics), for me is better a PCB-adapter to 744x
Do 7448 chips have ANY usability?

I picked a bunch up a few years ago in the hopes that someone would be able to someday upgrade my Macs
I want a pair of 7448!!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.