Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
Bunzi2k4 said:
I must say, FF is pretty good, very fast! Kinda depressing...

NOW I HAVE TO COPY ALL OF MY BOOKMARKS! :mad:

I could have sworn that the FF set-up dialogue prompts you about importing bookmarks, etc.

kustere

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2004
Australia
Santaduck said:
Whoever ran across this one, thanks for the news submission.

Will check out the g5 version tonite, and the g4 version later.

If it crashes a lot, it won't be any different from the 'normal' OS X version, so I won't mind-- I'll take the daily FF crashes (in OS X but not XP strangely) any day over sluggish camino and safari.

Gee thanks, I try. I find that it does not crash. I find that it crashes on my XP so I guess it depends on what you are running and what sites you frequent. If you like using Firefox on the Mac you might like the latest post about pretty firefox form controls. See the original blog.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
mkrishnan said:
Okay, so here was going too come the stupid question...which G4s are 7450s and which G4s are 7400s? In particular, a iBook G4 / 800 of Dec. 03 vintage?
You can download Apple's CHUD Tools.

A description of them can be found here: http://developer.apple.com/tools/performance/.

These tools are intended for use by software developers. Among their components, however, is a "Processor" panel for System Preferences. This will (among other things) show you information about your hardware (CPU model, cache sizes, etc.)

This preference panel also lets you change some core system settings (like disabling one CPU on dual-processor systems). I recommend you don't change anything without a really really good reason. If you're not a developer, you probably will not have any such reason.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Bunzi2k4 said:
not for safari... :-/

Edit: after a quick google search, I have found a nifty freeware program: Safari Bookmarks Extractor 1.0.2.

Pretty much did the job for me.

If you've activated the Debug menu in Safari, you can also do Debug -> Export Bookmarks, and then import this file into Firefox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.