Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
I know it's still early but....considering how great the S7 is. I can't wait for the Note 6!

Some rumors have said an early release in July?
http://www.sammobile.com/2016/03/22...red-to-arrive-in-july-with-android-n-onboard/

Rumors so far suggest
Display to be 5.8 slim bezels
32GB UFS 2.0 internal storage,
two different SoCs Snapdragon and Exynos
12-megapixel rear camera with Super OIS and same great low light camera as the S7 line.
SD Card
Wireless charging
Waterproofing (IP68 Certified)

What did I miss?

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/02/15...oint-at-5-8-inch-slim-rgb-display-6gb-of-ram/

Reactions: ChrisTX and mrex

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Bring back the microSD slot. I'd rather they did NOT bring back the removable battery, but I know it's popular so won't hold my breath. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'd like, the Note 5 was pretty much perfect other than missing the expandable memory. I suppose the usual revamping, maybe a bit thinner, maybe smaller bezels. I also hope they do NOT put curved screen on it like the s7 edge, I think long term I would hate something like that for productivity.

The more I think about it, I just can't see any significant upgrades compelling consumers to buy the Note 6. They will probably have a lot of Note 5 users upgrade because they will fix their mistakes such as expandable memory. Hopefully Samsung surprises us though. Either way I'm switching to Verizon so I hope they have some kind of BOGO deal, and maybe a free VR and/or smartwatch by then.

Reactions: Saturn1217

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
And hopefully they release the damn thing in Europe...
It would be a big mistake if they do not!
[doublepost=1458664404][/doublepost]
The only device I am truly looking forward to this year :D

Should be my next phone.

5.8inch 2K display
6GB RAM
MicroSD
IP68 Protection
+3500mAh battery

I'm sold.
Oh I think we might see a 4000mAh or larger battery. The S7 edge has a 4000mAh battery.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
This is what I would love to see...
- 4000 mAh battery
- 6 inch display in Note 5 footprint.
- water/dust resistance
- SD Card
- IR blaster

Anything else would be gravy.
I am with you on that.....

also nice to have the same camera as the S7or better

Reactions: Demo Kit and Sevanw

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
- 4000 mAh battery
- water/dust resistance
- SD Card
- IR blaster

Add the rgb screen, 6gb ram, faster flash storage, 64gb built in storage, and a processor/ gpu combo more powerful than what we have on the S7 and it would be almost perfect. That's what I'm looking for after having my S7 Edge.

Reactions: Sevanw and jamezr

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I'm still happy with the edge+, I doubt I would upgrade if it doesn't come with a 4K display. Android N, any CPU besides the 820, and a better camera than today's would be incentives.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Yep, I'll be in the minority wanting a 4K screen too, VR would be so much better. I don't care about Microsoft and removable batteries anymore.

It will be my next phone regardless...

Reactions: Demo Kit

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
- 4000 mAh battery
- water/dust resistance
- SD Card
- IR blaster

Now after owning the very spacious 6.0" equipped Nexus 6, OPPO R7 Plus, and a few other 6" Androids... I'm sold.

Each of these companies have created relatively compact phones that have comfortable ergonomics, slim bezels and provide the sheer joy of Android.

Reactions: jamezr
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.