Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I got my Wii modded here in Thailand. I bought a US console while back home as I wanted US VC games instead of Jap game. But now I'm able to play Mario Strikers as well...nice bonus. Added Godfather, Prince of Persia, and Excite Truck also. For a console that "doesn't have any games" (other's have said in other posts) I'm having fun with the 10 games I currently own... :)

They put in the WiiKey for 1500 THB installed with a free backup game if you wanted something like that....

Paul

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm thinking of getting a WiiKey in the hope they add region-free play soon. They're only £15 here at the moment, half the price of a top tier Wii game.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm thinking of getting a WiiKey in the hope they add region-free play soon. They're only £15 here at the moment, half the price of a top tier Wii game.

Less than half price at £15 surely ;):D

But yeah I'm tring to decide whether to get WiiKey or CycloWiz installed. I havent a clue on the differences, I just want to be able to play region free.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
The WiiKey has been nice. I'm not sure if the Strikers I picked up was PAL or is there a Jap version out now(too lazy to pull it out at the moment and check :D)? If it's Pal I've never had to insert a disc to set region...

I've had a few times where it won't recognize a disc straight out and I have to reset the Wii...but I've played a Jap game, a US game, and I think a Pal game all with my new WiiKey since yesterday. It's nice to not have to worry anymore about release dates and importing from the states...and also being able to buy from the US VC store! Win Win...and lets hope they don't ban us :)

Paul

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
im really happy with my mod so far. plus i only paid 10 bucks for my chip. As isaid in another post, i got lucky and the guy down the street made his own chips, knew how to program them with Yaosm and how to install it. Ive played games from japan, europe, all over!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.