Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
My friends and I play GoW quite a bit. We are pretty good but aren't the type who constantly "bashes" those who aren't as good or new to the game. We enjoy playing as much with those that are better/equal to us as we do with those who aren't very good. It's more about "hanging out" for us when we play. Send me a friend invite if you'd like (include that you're from MacRumors somehow) and I'll add you to my friends list. I don't mind helping people out as well (so I can give you tips and stuff if you need it). I enjoy GoW much more than I ever did Halo 2 b/c it seems to be more of a "team" oriented FPS.

Gamertag = Phaedon

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I got a game invite from you MrGreen I think on Saturday night, but I was committed to playing a couple of Halo 2 games with some friends. I send you a reply back (BiLLum). My schedule is pretty open most night after 7pm (EST), leave a message on here or through live to setup up another time to play, I really want to get a game going.

Echinda

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2003
Turns out that multiplayer GoW is actually fun when you don't have a bunch of 13 year olds killing you every ten seconds. Who knew? :D

Thanks for the games on Saturday, tencentdeposit and steamboat. Even with steamers' lag issues it was well worth turning up for.

If you want to set up some more matches, I've generally got an hour free between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm PDT weeknights (can't guarantee access to the good TV after that) and am flexible on weekends.

Alkaar

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2007
I totally suck as well

I just got the game and I totally suck. I read up on some tips so now I can actually kill something but I still always consistently finish last. I'd love to play with you guys to see if we can help each other get better. I'm usually pretty busy but I'll try to find some free time to play. Still working through the single player campaign but it blew me away how much I suck at multi since I'm fairly decent at shooters. My GT is Alkaar.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Sorry for my long absence, been a busy week with work and some family issues (one of the in-laws in in the hospital, etc etc). Anyways, tonight is probably going to be a big gaming night for me since the wife is likely having a "girls night". I'm thinking 6 or7pm or so, through as long as there are people to play. :)

It was WAY more fun with people about my skill level, so hopefully I will see some of you guys on Live! tonight.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
I sent some of you a request. I will be on tonight for sure.

I am pretty good, but I am down for giving tips and playing with some folks from MR.

My tag is suneohair, so send me a request if you like.

Mr. Green, i sent you a request as well.

Echinda

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2003
Sorry I wasn't around on the weekend - my wife has me renovating a bathroom, so I spent the weekend with thinset and a tile cutter rather than a lancer and the hammer of dawn.

Maybe next week.

Mpulsive81

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
McKinney, TX
Hi, my name's Eric and I suck at Gears of War <"hi Eric"> :p

My gamertag's xXeJunkXx - i've got a couple of peeps on my friends list but always up for more people to hang with. Add me or drop me a line!

marvtank666

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2007
kansas city
Hey guys. I know I am a little late to join but would appreciate it if you guys could send me a friend invite on xbl. I just bought my first xbox 360 along with GOW, and needless I am pretty bad at multiplayer. It would be nice to play with some other people who arent that good and just want to have fun. Thanks and look forward to playing with you all.

xbl gamer tag: marvtank666

billy011901

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2007
count me in too. i cant kill a single person and have just about stopped playing cause it just isnt fun getting killed all the time. but i am also having problems accepting friend invites to games so if anyone can help that would be awesome too. thanks

tag: Billy011901

freestyleguy128

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2006
Virginia
From someone who fashions themself a decent Gears player: If you are new DO NOT...
1.) touch the hammer of dawn
2.) run into a situation without cover
3.) mistake a boomshot for a shotgun in a confrontation with someone else
4.) run around chainsaw revving...you will die
5.) run for turrets (troikas) they are easy boomshot, sniper, grenade, insert any weapon here targets

DO:
1.) Use beatdowns
2.) Fragtag (pisses off some gamers, but hey its part of the game right?)
3.) Use active reloads
4.) Use shotgun insted of lancer close up
5.) Run away from a 4 vs. 1 situation, you are NOT Rambo

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
freestyleguy128 said:
From someone who fashions themself a decent Gears player: If you are new DO NOT...
1.) touch the hammer of dawn
2.) run into a situation without cover
3.) mistake a boomshot for a shotgun in a confrontation with someone else
4.) run around chainsaw revving...you will die
5.) run for turrets (troikas) they are easy boomshot, sniper, grenade, insert any weapon here targets

DO:
1.) Use beatdowns
2.) Fragtag (pisses off some gamers, but hey its part of the game right?)
3.) Use active reloads
4.) Use shotgun insted of lancer close up
5.) Run away from a 4 vs. 1 situation, you are NOT Rambo

Nice noob tutorial, I should print it out. Maybe tattoo it to my arm?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Since i missed out on the last few times this was coordinated, I am going to try and coordinate one myself. I am going to go through this list tonight and add any people that I don't already have on my friends list. I will write in the message what time I will be on, usually later in the night - i.e., after 7pm EST. Look for a message from me in the next 24 hours.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I sent out a bunch of friend requests last night, some of you have already accepted it. I will be signing on tonight around 8pm Eastern time, anyone that wants to join, just sign onto XBox and send me a message. I will probably just play the campaign until someone sends a message. Hopefully we can get a handful of people to play.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
If anyone is playing tonight or whatever, drop me a message as well, mine is "DarkNetworks".

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Hey all - sorry I've been AWOL lately! I've been just super busy with work, some side projects, trying to get back into school, trying to, ummm, make a baby w/ the wife... :p

Anyways, I'll try to get back on, but I need to find a good deal on an XBox Live Gold account since mine expired. :( Ah well.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Hey all - sorry I've been AWOL lately! I've been just super busy with work, some side projects, trying to get back into school, trying to, ummm, make a baby w/ the wife... :p

Anyways, I'll try to get back on, but I need to find a good deal on an XBox Live Gold account since mine expired. :( Ah well.

Not trying to be an A$$, but $50 isn't a good deal?

stratefaced

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Im down for some GoW

I have been playing online for a while but me and my buddy are not what you call "good" and it is real hard to play with people that mock you for not being able to take out 3 guys at once. But if there are any noobs or people who are less than great at the game I'll play. I am usually always on after 5 or 6 pm EST. My gamertag is stratefaced and if you wanna play just send me a friend request.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.