Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Well, I got my PS3!!!:D :D :D

I got the DVD remote and I got Puroyakyu Spirt 4 (a Japanese baseball game). I must say my first impression is, I'm very impressed. Looking forward to getting some more games!

As for the games I'll be playing that are already out... Madden, MLB The Show or MLB2K7, Tiger Woods, Need for Speed, maybe an NBA game. And the one game that is not out yet is a NASCAR game.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Congrats on getting your PS3. I'm loving my 1. I really love the region free-ness of the console. In Australia games cost AUD$100-AUD$120, I've been getting all of mine from North America for a lot less. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Its a f***ing game console for cryin' out loud.

Until X started stirring things up in the new forum it was all quite nice and dandy, backing up his flames with "well we did this in the old forum". Even I talk nice about other systems (Sega, PS1 et al).
Which is why I'm no longer going with the flow so the flamers will smoulder away.

And OP- Enjoy your system! May you waste countless hours on countless games with countless friends, fuelled by the best snack food and excitement and quietened down only by sleeping neighbours.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Vodafone/1.0/V705SH/SHJ001 Browser/VF-NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

raggedjimmi said:
Enjoy your system! May you waste countless hours on countless games with countless friends, fuelled by the best snack food and excitement and quietened down only by sleeping neighbours.

Isn't this what is all about? Who cares who has what or who likes what. It should be about fun with friends.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Vodafone/1.0/V705SH/SHJ001 Browser/VF-NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Isn't this what is all about? Who cares who has what or who likes what. It should be about fun with friends.

Exactly! That's all I use my game systems for :) one of the best party experiences I've had was when 14 mates from college (and my sister :p ) had a giant Halo 1 lan match. Bloody good stuff. Even had a designated driver 'cuz we ran out of standard controllers but still had a racing wheel left over :D good times. Also ran a whopping 64 player tournament in Smash Bros one college afternoon on a projector the size of a good cinema *le sigh*.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
It's strange...I've found my enjoyment of single player games waning over time, the longer I game. I seem to keep going back to multiplayer...I haven't even finished Twilight Princess yet (though I've enjoyed the vast amount of time I put in to it), but I'm always having people over for multiplayer bashfests in various games.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
There is no 20gb model anymore. But i would buy a 360, like a billion times better.

Way to read the thread, he already bought it about a billion hours ago.

I got the DVD remote and I got Puroyakyu Spirt 4 (a Japanese baseball game). I must say my first impression is, I'm very impressed. Looking forward to getting some more games!

Thats the Playstation 3/BD Remote ;) DVD is SO last gen *I kid, I kid*

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
There is no 20gb model anymore. But i would buy a 360, like a billion times better.
You are wrong. There are 20GB models avalible. Sony pulled the 20GB in North America and perhaps a few other countries but they did not pull them in Japan.

And as Sikkinixx said, I already bought a new 20GB long before you posted.

Thats the Playstation 3/BD Remote ;) DVD is SO last gen *I kid, I kid*
Please accept my apologies. But actually it is the BD Remote Control :p Still works with DVDs though. :D

Mr. MacBook

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2007
Ps3 is great and all, but it's kinda pricey and loses to the wii in overall fun.

i found a post on urban dictionary

hey did u get the xbox 360 with halo or the wii with zelda?

no my mom got me a computer that only plays car games, spyro and crash bandicoot

nickster9224

macrumors 6502a

As for the games I'll be playing that are already out... Madden, MLB The Show or MLB2K7, Tiger Woods, Need for Speed, maybe an NBA game. And the one game that is not out yet is a NASCAR game.

Nascar 08 is coming out in mid july in US, not sure about japan though

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Well, I've had fun with my PS3 this weekend. Just need some more games, but need money to do that. :eek:

Got a couple of questions! Typically, how long does the controller battery last? And does anyone know of any 'cute' and fun game for my girlfriend? Something similar to Mario? She's gotten jealous of me playing baseball all weekend and she wants a game that she can play too. Preferrably something we can play together. Again, I play mostly sports games so I really don't know what other good games are out there. Thanks for the further help.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Ps3 is great and all, but it's kinda pricey and loses to the wii in overall fun.

i found a post on urban dictionary

hey did u get the xbox 360 with halo or the wii with zelda?

no my mom got me a computer that only plays car games, spyro and crash bandicoot
What are you talking about? Did you post in the right thread? :confused:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
And does anyone know of any 'cute' and fun game for my girlfriend? Something similar to Mario?

I think you bought the wrong system, the PS3 is for mature people :D *I kid*

Funnily enough the 2 games I would have advised have already been mentioned - Spyro and Crash Bandicoot are fairly adequate "cute" games, though chock full of recycled gameplay. Then again I don't even know if they're still going. Croc still going too? Had them back on the PS1.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
download the Ratchet & Clank video and show it to her.....it won't be out until later this year, but I'm and sure you'll both love it.
Also, there are literally thousands of PS2 games(new and old) that both of you can also enjoy on the PS3. Greatest Hits games are onyl like $20.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I haven't been here for a while but I'm glad to see the thread crapping is the same as it ever was... :rolleyes:

... and remember, please thread crap responsibly...

If Sony does a price drop for this Christmas, and puts out more games and movies - the PS3 will take off...

I agree with a lot of reviewers, PS3 was just a year ahead of its time...

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
No one can answer my question about the battery life of the controller? :( How long does it typically last?

Also, 'nother question. Gran Turismo 4, Need for Speed: Carbon, Ridge Racer 7... which is the best? Just bought GT4 (for PS2, it was cheap) but I've been looking at either NFS or RR for the PS3. Which is better? Especially for single player? Also if you think GT4 is better, please tell me. I'll just stick with that if it is the best of the 3.

Again thanks for the help! :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I spent a few days, probably totalled 5 hours with a PS3 and the battery didn't go. So it lasts longer than 5 hours! Also, I think the lack of rumble will really push the battery life longer.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
And does anyone know of any 'cute' and fun game for my girlfriend? Something similar to Mario? She's gotten jealous of me playing baseball all weekend and she wants a game that she can play too. Preferrably something we can play together. Again, I play mostly sports games so I really don't know what other good games are out there. Thanks for the further help.

Little Big Planet sounds ideal (especially if you want to play together), though that's not out for quite a while.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Honestly, I think we may see it sooner on PSN. ;)
But, most media sites(etc) have been told and are reporting a Q108 release.

That date may just be for the Blu-Ray version. (with Top Rated User Levels included)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.