Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Don’t install the GM Candidate that’s currently available, because it’s not the final GM and you will end up having to install final GM again.

This.

I'll be very surprised if this GM is the final release, I'm seeing plenty of bugs and zero improvements over my previous Sierra installation. I'll more than likely be doing ANOTHER fresh install when it is officially released.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks, that is what I was thinking.

Last year did they release a true GM to the public testers, or did it just drop on release day?

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I know this has probably been asked before so sorry in advance, when the official release hits next week, given I have my App Store set to receive betas, will 10.13.0 just show up in the App Store?

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
I know this has probably been asked before so sorry in advance, when the official release hits next week, given I have my App Store set to receive betas, will 10.13.0 just show up in the App Store?

When it goes public, the official release will be prominent on the front page of the app store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.