Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tucker3434

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

While the name of the site is macrumors, one of the primary functions of this board is discussing issues and resolutions for Apple products. It really doesn't matter if they're system wide or not. Contacting apple directly is a pain in the butt when nine out of ten times I can come here and get the info I need. Best of luck with your attempt to turn this into a "rumors only" forum for an os that has already been released, though. To everyone else, I'm going to contact apple this afternoon and see what they have to say. I'll keep you updated.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
If you close out your tabs periodically (or at the end of each session), you won't go back to old sites.

as the iphone version of safari doesn't have "tabs" like the ipad does, then this is not applicable.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
True. Guess deleting history would be the only option. I've gotten to where I use bookmarks a lot to temporarily keep in touch with a given page. Then I delete the bookmark when no longer needed.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
This happens to my IPad 1 on every forum I visit plus every news site. I always close it after each use but that doesn't help. I can't believe Apple has let it go on this long!

jwhazel

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2005
Same issue here. I'm guessing it has something to do with tabs since it doesn't do it on my iPhone.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Same here. I can easily reproduce it. Follow a link from the forum to a thread. Keeping the thread in Safari, close Safari to go back to the home screen. Open Safari again, and from the thread, use the back button. The forum thread list is old.

At least that's how it happens for me on the iPad. It's almost as if Safair isn't accessing cache from newest to oldest, but the other way round.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
This happens to me sometimes too, even when I delete all history before closing Safari out. I will open it the next day and a site that I viewed a few days prior will open up when Safari loads. I can't stand it. :mad:

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

While the name of the site is macrumors, one of the primary functions of this board is discussing issues and resolutions for Apple products. It really doesn't matter if they're system wide or not. Contacting apple directly is a pain in the butt when nine out of ten times I can come here and get the info I need. Best of luck with your attempt to turn this into a "rumors only" forum for an os that has already been released, though. To everyone else, I'm going to contact apple this afternoon and see what they have to say. I'll keep you updated.
Three years later....do you remember if they have a fix. It happens on my iPhone 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.