Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Hey all,
Now that I've had my US Wii for a bit I'd like to devote some time playing the Cube games I missed. So far I only have Paper Mario. There was a thread on the old forums with great games for the Cube that were solid games...what are some of those if people don't mind saying again. I can get them cheap while in the states so I'd love to pick up a handful and have some solid gaming on the cheap.

Paul

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
I would recommend both Metriod's. I'd second SSB, too.

Also Viewtiful Joe and Soul Caliber 2.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Zelda: Wind waker
Metroid prime
Cell Damage
supermario sunshine
mario kart: double dash
f zero gx
tony hawks
time splitter 2
metroid prime 2 echoes
luigi's mansion
zelda twighlight princess

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
Where do I start... the 'Cube had tons of great games!

Some of my favorites:
- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
- Beyond Good & Evil
- Ikaruga - but prepare to be frustrated! One of the most difficult games I've ever played. Puts the old R-Types and Gradius to shame!
- X-men Legends I & II
- Zelda: Windwaker
- Metal Gear Solid
- Metroid Prime

And If you're into RPGs:
- Tales of Symphonia
- Baten Kaitos (haven't played Origins yet)

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
If you're into the genre, the Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0 and 4 are very good. Don't worry about the others though. Whilst they're good, they are just complete ports of the psx version.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
My votes...

Best FPS: Metroid Prime

Best RPG: Tales of Symphonia

Best Racing: F-Zero GX

Best 3rd Person Action: Prince of Persia Sands of Time

Best Fighting: Soul Caliber 2

Best Retro: Mega Man Anniversary Collection

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
My votes...

Best FPS: Metroid Prime

Best RPG: Tales of Symphonia

Best Racing: F-Zero GX

Best 3rd Person Action: Prince of Persia Sands of Time

Best Fighting: Soul Caliber 2

Best Retro: Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Sould Caliber:confused:

PSHHH POSSHHH!

Super Smash Bros. Melee!

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Decent Tactical)
- F-Zero GX (1-4 players, Progressive scan, 16:9 widescreen and dolby pro logic!)

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Do you know if you can find this game in the States? I looked for it while back and it was going to cost me $80+.....yikes!

I don't know if you also own an Xbox 360 but I remember hearing that Ikaruga was headed to the Xbox Live Marketplace Arcade.

I once owned Ikaruga for the cube but I made an ass of myself and sold it a few years back. Bad move. :eek:

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE!

this is the most addiction game i've ever played. plus it's one of the best fighting games ever made. soul calibur is very nice too. not to mention you can get twilight princess, ocarina of time master quest, wind waker is fun. also check out Eternal Darkness. that game was dope as hell.

Haoshiro

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2006
USA, OR
Just thought I'd echo the sentiment, GameCube has a ton pf great games! My favorite console of last gen, actually.

One game I picked up recently was Chibi Robo and find it extremely fun. I have 20-25 gamecube games and they are all good :D

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
Only had import games for the longest time for the cube. Ton of crappy anime games and the Korean version of Mario Sunshine in English. Got a lot of the classics recently. Only played a few of them. F-Zero GX looks amazing, but only watched the demos. Got both Metroids, but don't want to play them till I can devote a good chunk of time to them. Obviously won't get around to playing Tales or Crystal Chronicles anytime soon. Played a little of each game on the Zelda Collector's disc. The last Cube game I played was Choas Field. My first Cube game was Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO. The only fighting you can beat with just one thumb thanks to Cube-ism mode.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I'm not into games like Ikaruga, but I saw a used copy at a local shop today if anyone was wanting it badly. It was around 40 which is a lot better than the 80 bucks someone else was quoting...
Paul

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I'm not into games like Ikaruga, but I saw a used copy at a local shop today if anyone was wanting it badly. It was around 40 which is a lot better than the 80 bucks someone else was quoting...
Paul

I was quoting $80, and I think it's because they never actually sold that game here in the States and any copy I could have picked up would be an import copy :(

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Absolute Must Buys:
Super Smash Bros Melee (best multiplayer game)
Metroid Prime (best single-player game, get the first one)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (it's beautiful)
Super Mario Sunshine (just plain fun)

Recommended buys:
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metroid Prime 2 (first was better though, second didn't have as unique environments)
Super Mario Strikers

Whatever you do, do NOT go without any of the first four. Seriously, they're the best games on the platform.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
Here are my 5

1)Soul Calibur 2
2)Mariokart Double Dash
3)Metal Gear Solid (remake)
4)Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
5)Medal of Honour: European Assault

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
Here are my 5

1)Soul Calibur 2
2)Mariokart Double Dash
3)Metal Gear Solid (remake)
4)Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
5)Medal of Honour: European Assault

Never really liked Mario Kart Double Dash. :eek: It just seemed like there wasn't enough too it.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Never really liked Mario Kart Double Dash. :eek: It just seemed like there wasn't enough too it.

Clever use of "seemed" there ;)
20 characters, 23 karts (and strategic selections of which), 16 tracks.
It's a very full game. Though not as MKDS.

Smash Bros, Mario Kart, F-Zero, The Zeldas, Metroids and Marios are games that have kept me busy for a very long time.
Wasn't keen on Pikmin, Geist or Eternal Darkness.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
Clever use of "seemed" there ;)
20 characters, 23 karts (and strategic selections of which), 16 tracks.
It's a very full game. Though not as MKDS.
How's it clever? You even state compared to a HANDHELD version it wasn't was full. :rolleyes:

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
I was quoting $80, and I think it's because they never actually sold that game here in the States and any copy I could have picked up would be an import copy :(
Actually it was released for the cube in the US. Japanese cube games are easy to spot because the GC logo is in a different place and the box is smaller than a PSP box.
Ikaruga was never released for the Dreamcast in the US.

GameCube USA
_gamespot_images_bigboxshots_2_914452_front.jpg

GameCube Japanese
156_3.JPG

GameCube Pal
boite_pal.jpg

Dreamcast Japanese
Ikarugacover.p.jpg

Fake Xbox360 sequel
Ikaruga2-715589.gif

Nintendo DS?!?
NinDS_IkarugaDS.jpg

Every vertical shooter known to man should be released for the DS or I should be able to play them on my 2407WFP in portrait mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.