Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JVE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2023
Can you dry using burning the files that MakeMKV creates to the Blu-ray using the method below?

I tried this and it does not work. Although it gets information on to the disc, the disc does not play the same as the original. This method is no improvement over what I was doing before (at least in my experience).

Flynnsworth

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2023
And this should work for Blurays as well as DVDs? Okay. I will look into DVDFab. Thank you.
Yes they have a specific Blu-Ray plugin that burns 1:1 / clones discs etc.

Another thing to consider is whether your Blu-Ray player actually plays copies. Most of them won’t unless they are specific models that can be chipped or jailbroken.

JVE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2023
Another thing to consider is whether your Blu-Ray player actually plays copies. Most of them won’t unless they are specific models that can be chipped or jailbroken.

My Blu-ray player plays burned DVDs just fine. Is it possible it can play burned DVDs but not burned Blu-rays?

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
My Blu-ray player plays burned DVDs just fine. Is it possible it can play burned DVDs but not burned Blu-rays?
Did you find any software in the end? I've downloaded 5 apps tonight and they don't seem to work or they want to paid but the sites all seem very suspicious.

I want to take it as an ISO file from the blu ray disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.