Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidmartindale

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2011
PNW, USA
According to the OP they're being phased out. No, if it worked I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world, though it could still be easier.

Not being phased out, I mean Apple just with iOS 11 added the ability to download all purchased tones in the Settings app. Why would they add that and then "phase out" tones?

It could be easier sure, but it is possible.

AmazingRobie

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
+1 for making your own tones. Besides, i can make a better tone than 100% of anything offered by Apple.

Just sayin'...

Reactions: Shirasaki

TC_GoldRush

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2017
Nevada, USA
It’s 2018 and the latest iOS 11 update has disabled purchased (from iTunes) ringtones. Yep. You can still buy them of course, you can select them as your preferred ringtone, but they won’t play when calls come in.
One of the dozen tech support people I spoke to regarding this (and a raft of other problems since this latest iOS update) said “Oh yeah. We’re having so many problems. Apple is phasing out ringtones.”
O.K. Apple. It’s 2018 and we do facial recognition but can’t play a ringtone?! What a joke.
Go to youtube, convert the youtube video to mp3, connect your phone to the computer... and download the mp3 to your iPhone, then select it as your ring tone... It probably won't work... but atleast it won't cost you money. Sorry man I just need 100 posts asap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.