Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
Sorry but I put my big boy pants on every day through this whole thing to move freight and didn’t complain. Restrictions are being lifted everywhere and some want to question about a return to the office? Wake up it’s time to stop being a little $$!? and get back to life. Sorry but the sympathy train departed long ago.

You seem hangry, I suggest a snickers

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
Software development, especially games, have been outsourced to many countries and coding farms long before the pandemic, and I didn't see anybody complaining.

Apple's software quality issues, eg iOS15, imo was due to something else. Microsoft and Adobe don't seem to have any severe software issues during the pandemic. Windows 11 launched and delivered on new PCs without much issues. They even transitioned many of their apps to Apple Silicon just fine.

Video games having issues are usually more of severely short datelines for launch. It's been an issue forever, regardless of the pandemic,

Bethesda is so notorious fir awesome but broken games at launch that people often wait for the first patch before buying by default. Def not new.

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Apples office locations do include Elk Grove (south Sacramento area) which is where a lot of mail back trade-ins is sent. If you ignore the three larger campuses, they have numerous buildings in numerous places in parts of Sunnyvale, Cupertino, and further away in the SF Bay Area. But Central Valley is not beneficial once you get away from a large population centers. Remember Sacramento even has its deep water port where cargo/tankers can load/unload. This is why most of California's other Apple office sites as well as Google's are located LA thru San Diego populous areas. :)
These are tech companies, if only there was this magical medium at which people could communicate through terminals to each other to get projects and jobs done. I'm sure they could have small 500-1k employee offices scattered throughout more spaced out regions instead of funneling them into just a few densely populated areas.
Oh well I guess its a pipe dream.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
These are tech companies, if only there was this magical medium at which people could communicate through terminals to each other to get projects and jobs done. I'm sure they could have small 500-1k employee offices scattered throughout more spaced out regions instead of funneling them into just a few densely populated areas.
Oh well I guess its a pipe dream.
Maybe this is why the webcam on the apple display is so underwhelming, to force people back to the office to be able to see coworker’s expressions ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.