Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Maybe. But they did something similar with YT HTML5 playback. It might come back...
It might. But I think there are other issues.

I can load my library like I said on any Mac/PC that is not PowerPC. None of those have Flash installed. So, loading those pages does not require Flash - it's just vanilla HTML. And if that is the case then those pages SHOULD BE LOADING ON MY POWERPC MACS!

But they aren't. So, there's got to be something going on here that is not Flash, not HTML5, but IS PowerPC.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Correlation: I think the same change that has affected my Fluid app has now also killed Google Music Manager on my PowerBook.

Previously, this app/system preference was logged in and music added to iTunes was sent up to Google Play.

I added music tonight. But I keep getting an Internet Connection error from Music Manager. Console tells me there is an SSL handshake error.

Going to try installing Music Manager on my MBP tomorrow and if it connects then it looks like I'll be shifting my music library to the MBP.

If not, then I'll have to see about a Windows solution.

About the only good commentary on this then is that at least Google didn't go pulling the plug deliberately like Dropbox.

It's getting harder to be a PowerPC user. :(

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Well, today I transferred my music library to my MBP. That's where any new additions will now go.

The latest Google Music Manager installed and worked straight away. In the process of uploading recent songs.

So, pretty much I have to confirm that Google Music is now dead on PowerPC.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
OMG!!!!!

I had a thought today and I took a couple of apps created by Fluid 0.9.6 and I relinked them via Leopard Webkit. I gave them modern User Agent strings and they are working!!!

So, I thought I'd try Google Music again!

IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!! I am streaming Google Music from a Fluid instance on my Quad!!!!

2017-07-20 19.25.57.jpg

Last edited:

Power_Mac_Fanatic

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2016
Hey so I downloaded fluid and webkit I updated the system certs and relinked the website app fluid made to webkit but the site still wont load am I missing something? Or how do I change the user agent as well.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Hey so I downloaded fluid and webkit I updated the system certs and relinked the website app fluid made to webkit but the site still wont load am I missing something? Or how do I change the user agent as well.
You have Fluid 0.9.6? That's the last version that is PowerPC compatible.

You want to make the web app in Fluid. Then relink it via the LWK script. Do not delete the original app that relinking copies.

Once you open the new relinked app, give it a different user agent. I think earlier I gave it a Chrome user agent for an Intel Mac.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I cant get past the sign in page it just opens up TenFourFox.
When you create the initial web app in Fluid, is this the address you are entering?

2019-01-20 21.33.29.jpg

Also, I am going to have to look into this again as it seems to be skipping songs instead of playing them.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I took a second look at this and the problem I noted above (which you are experiencing) doesn't seem to be solvable.

Google Music plays fine in a web browser (which essentially a Fluid app is) running on my OS X 10.11.6 Mac, but not on my G5 or G4 with Leopard.

I can only assume that Google has made changes (again) that cause issues.

Reactions: Traace and AphoticD

Power_Mac_Fanatic

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2016
I took a second look at this and the problem I noted above (which you are experiencing) doesn't seem to be solvable.

Google Music plays fine in a web browser (which essentially a Fluid app is) running on my OS X 10.11.6 Mac, but not on my G5 or G4 with Leopard.

I can only assume that Google has made changes (again) that cause issues.
I see that is very sad. Guess I will have to download the mp3s and put them in iTunes.

Reactions: Traace
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.